Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 03:14 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to share a new find in Oakland. Sitcom: SITCOM

I am looking for a few things for my place and wasn't finding what I wanted at the old standby Ikea. Or Cost Plus. Or Ross. My style is more CB2, Crate and Barrel, West Elm and EQ3, but I have an Ikea budget.

I did a google search, after visiting all of the places I know about, consignment and otherwise. Way deep into the results at page 3, 4, or 5 I saw this note about an outlet. I checked out the Yelp reviews (I never think of Yelping these things) and headed over there.

Score! Lots of good deals. Still deciding on my chair, but I found 2 cute inexpensive options for a club chair priced around $150 that should work for my space.

The whole place was full of good stuff, mainly couches, sectionals, dining furniture, beds and accessories all contemporary/modern in style. I wish i knew about this place when I furnished my apartment.

I left with a couple of pillows priced at $12 -- these would have cost $30 elsewhere and a few options for a chair (pillows are expensive even at the big box stores. Sheesh.)

I saw the clearance section: end tables for $30. Dining room chairs for $40. Lots of nigh stands under $50. And those were the only things I checked the prices on. Most of the club chairs were under $200, and some things needed simple assembly (chairs). The dining table sets started around $250. And that included chairs! Much higher quality than Ikea, apparently they do lots of contract furniture for Pottery Barn, hotels and so on. The stuff you find is overruns or one-offs. There were also lots of accessories, pillows, screens and art.

Definitely check it out if you are shopping Ikea.

Word of advice: Take High Street and stay on High Street until you get to San Leandro or Watling, then turn. If you try to take 42nd Ave, it is like going to Emeryville when the place you want is visible and oh-so-close, but you hit a one way street with no turn-offs and you have to go 3 extra miles to get back to where you were trying to go!

OK, end of ad.

Lots of people seemed to be looking for new places, so I thought the furniture store post was timely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 03:19 PM

292 posts, read 1,244,549 times
I like the storage bed on there. Almost wish I was in the market for one.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:02 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Thanks jade408,
I've seen the sign for that place for a long time but never thought to actually go there..that'll work great for me cause Im going down to the White Elephant sale this saturday(very close to Sitcom) and then I'll check it out.

I dont really need any furniture but I never pass up the opportunity to visit a new store. LOL

Old 03-29-2013, 10:40 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
The prices are amazing, and you can't hardly ask for a better selection! I wish there were one of these where I live! You've performed a real humanitarian service by posting this, jade!

Old 03-30-2013, 03:27 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,699,074 times
Sitcom went bankrupt about a year ago.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:38 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
Sitcom went bankrupt about a year ago.
Oh, I see; the OP posted back in 2011.

Why do they still have a website with prices, sale prices, etc.? How could a place with such great stuff and great prices go bankrupt? You'd think they couldn't lose. Bad management?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland