Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 06:06 PM

1,889 posts, read 3,112,213 times

Advertisements

Caligirl: I tried to make it clear I was not making any reference/judgement of temperature or windspeed. How you feel about those things is purely subjective. I happen to enjoy chilly, windy weather, even in summer. You obviously don't.

In terms of blue skies and the clouds breaking, sorry, but spring/summer 2011 in SF compared to the last 8 years in Hermosa it ain't close. North Beach has been MUCH sunnier than Hermosa ever was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 07:39 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,519,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyway31 View Post
In terms of blue skies and the clouds breaking, sorry, but spring/summer 2011 in SF compared to the last 8 years in Hermosa it ain't close. North Beach has been MUCH sunnier than Hermosa ever was.
Maybe the sun always shines on the red light district of north beach ... BTW, I spend most of the day in the supposed sunniest part of the city i.e. Potrero hill/mission bay. Even there at least 50% of summer days are completely overcast although they dont get much ground level fog like sunset. The rest 50% sunny days actually see sun only in the afternoon because mornings are overcast everywhere in the city. SF gets pleasant weather only during the rare heat waves which happens maybe 10 days a year. Rest of the year its either rainy or foggy and cold regardless of whether the sun shows up or not. There is no freakin spring or autumn here...its just in the imagination of the morons who write tourist brochures. How was May-June this year any different from March? And the so called sunny and warm September-October also gets ton of fog almost everyday along the coast. So the "Indian summer" also pretty much as much as a myth as the sunny spring weather!

BTW, why do you keep talking about this totally irrelevant place called Hermosa beach. In case you haven't noticed this is the SF forum

Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 PM

881 posts, read 1,815,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Maybe the sun always shines on the red light district of north beach ... BTW, I spend most of the day in the supposed sunniest part of the city i.e. Potrero hill/mission bay. Even there at least 50% of summer days are completely overcast although they dont get much ground level fog like sunset. The rest 50% sunny days actually see sun only in the afternoon because mornings are overcast everywhere in the city. SF gets pleasant weather only during the rare heat waves which happens maybe 10 days a year. Rest of the year its either rainy or foggy and cold regardless of whether the sun shows up or not. There is no freakin spring or autumn here...its just in the imagination of the morons who write tourist brochures. How was May-June this year any different from March? And the so called sunny and warm September-October also gets ton of fog almost everyday along the coast. So the "Indian summer" also pretty much as much as a myth as the sunny spring weather!

BTW, why do you keep talking about this totally irrelevant place called Hermosa beach. In case you haven't noticed this is the SF forum
Well I guess SF IS cold..AND hell...because hell just froze over because andyadhi01 finally made it out of the sunset district!!!!

Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,416,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post

Suggestion: Move.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:25 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomatic View Post
"god" has the time to deal with your petty whining.
No I don't. Got stuff to do.

Meanwhile, it's sunny down here.

Last edited by bigdumbgod; 07-14-2011 at 10:36 PM..

Old 07-14-2011, 11:06 PM

37 posts, read 86,855 times
[quote=mayorhaggar;20019879]As long as it's not 90 degrees I'm pretty happy. Just look at some of the temps hitting other parts of the US if you want to feel a bit less grouchy. I'll take 58 in SF over 90-100 in NYC or Chicago or Atlanta.

Nothing that a cold beer, flip flops, and a pool can't take care of. God how I miss summer...

Old 07-15-2011, 08:57 AM

1,651 posts, read 3,698,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl2009 View Post

I didn't move here for the weather. I moved here for a job opportunity.
But you had to know what the weather was like before moving, no?
Would you move to New Orleans and complain about the humidity? Montreal and complain about the snow? The weather is what it is, unless you were completely unprepared to move here, you had to be aware of it beforehand?

Old 07-15-2011, 09:47 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,080,225 times
Quote:
Nothing that a cold beer, flip flops, and a pool can't take care of. God how I miss summer...
I like summer for a few days at a time but month after month of 90+ temps gets old, you just end up sitting around inside air conditioned rooms trying to avoid going outside and when you do you complain about how hot it is.

Last edited by mayorhaggar; 07-15-2011 at 10:52 AM..

Old 07-15-2011, 09:49 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,519,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl2009 View Post
Yes I miss that too.... People in CA don't get to enjoy such simple things in life. Just wear a hoodie all the time and look at fog

Old 07-15-2011, 10:21 AM

1,075 posts, read 4,311,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomatic View Post
This thread needs to just die...it just serves as yet another place for one particular person, who has a pretty low tolerance for everything, to get attention.

Anyways, want sun...just head south. It was perfectly sunny with a slight breeze down in Mountain View...pretty much EVERY FREAKEN day. And ALL day. Probably don't even need to go that far south.

Sounds like the same poster(s) who frequents the Vancouver forum also,

.. always going on about how dead or what a dump the place is, people living in a bubble, and focus non-stop about the crappy weather. Been going on for a couple of years now, same as SF forum, .. same tune, different record.

Shame though as people do check in hoping to find accurate info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland