Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 11:59 AM

1,651 posts, read 3,696,843 times

Advertisements

So you created a second account to defend your first account?
Nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 12:10 PM

7 posts, read 5,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
So you created a second account to defend your first account?
Nice!
no! what are you talking about? NO! I SWEAR TO GOD I AM NOT HER!

Old 08-25-2011, 12:15 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,076,043 times
lol

Old 08-25-2011, 12:16 PM

310 posts, read 651,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickie2 View Post
stop being mean! Listen she is not going to live under somebody's basement!! She wants to ask a lot of questions about places to know where is the best place to live in! WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN?
LOL...ok, just to show you i'm not some big meanie, i will play along for a moment. Seeing as the earthquake questions have been answered, what else would you (er, i mean "your online friend") like to know about the Bay Area? If you're serious about relocating to SF, surely there are other things you/she would like to know about the area (e.g. job market, housing, commute times, etc..). Please be specific in your questions.

And at the risk of being a bit nosy...may I inquire what it is that "your friend" does for a living that "she" can state in no uncertain terms that "she" can absolutely afford Bay Area living?

Old 08-25-2011, 12:24 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,986,281 times
Quote:
no! what are you talking about? NO! I SWEAR TO GOD I AM NOT HER!
Uh.... shouldn't you be in school?

Old 08-25-2011, 01:42 PM

7 posts, read 5,333 times
im homeschooled!

Old 08-25-2011, 03:01 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,628,951 times
Quote:
no! wait I know her, you got it wrong... she does not have a friend who lives next to a celebrity... her friend is about to be a celebrity, and wants to move to pasadena, but i am not the friend though!
No I didn't get it wrong. You misread. Something is so not kosher about this Pickle. You wouldn't happen to be Michale Salami from the DC Housewives would you? I hear she's looking for a new place to live. She's an almost celebrity wannabe.

What happened with Paris, Texas, Cleveland, Iceland, Zimbabwe, Antarctica and Saturn? Not to our liking?

Old 08-25-2011, 03:31 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,690,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHaveaquestion? View Post
Thank You, so does there earthquakes come often?
1906-1989= 83 years

Old 08-25-2011, 03:52 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,940,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakAve2OakLand View Post
LOL...ok, just to show you i'm not some big meanie, i will play along for a moment. Seeing as the earthquake questions have been answered, what else would you (er, i mean "your online friend") like to know about the Bay Area? If you're serious about relocating to SF, surely there are other things you/she would like to know about the area (e.g. job market, housing, commute times, etc..). Please be specific in your questions.

And at the risk of being a bit nosy...may I inquire what it is that "your friend" does for a living that "she" can state in no uncertain terms that "she" can absolutely afford Bay Area living?
lol at the " "

Old 08-25-2011, 04:38 PM

76 posts, read 394,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHaveaquestion? View Post
I want to move to San Francisco (MAYBE) but I am afraid to live in any place in California, because of the earthquakes, so how are the earthquakes there, because I want to make sure it is safe, and etc. And please do not say it is expensive, and unless you can afford it... because i can afford it

Thanks!
You'll be fine. Building codes in California are strict regarding seismic standards and not like NYC where they crapped their pants. A 5.9 here would be scary to you, but to most of us, it'll bring nothing but a few nervous chuckles. Eventually, you'll get used to it that 3.0-5.0s are no big deal. Trust me.

We do have earthquakes all the time, but they're so small sometimes I wonder who farted.

This map shows all the recent seismic activity within 7 days. As you can see, if you were to feel any of those small dots, you wouldn't be able to tell whether it's from a truck moving by your house or someone bumping the table.

Really, an earthquake below 6.0 which we have all the time is nothing to fear. Same with the other 36,000,000 people (yes, 36 million) living in California (compare that to any other state).

California's stigma on earthquakes is really getting out of hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland