Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 07:15 PM

1 posts, read 6,139 times

Advertisements

I'm sure this has been posted a billion times before, but I am just curious as to what the internet has to say.

My husband works in San Francisco and currently we live in San Jose. It's a crappy commute that he does every single day in rush hour, both ways.

It's become increasingly apparent that we're going to have to move closer to SF for him to keep the shred of sanity he has left.

I've lived in San Jose pretty much my entire life. I like to visit other places in The Bay where we have friends like Union City, San Francisco, and San Mateo.

However, I don't know enough about any of these places to make a decision on where we should be living. If I ask any of my friends what the best place to live in the Bay Area is, they promptly reply with whatever city they live in, offering no help haha.

I guess some things to consider are that we like cities with things to do, we're both artists so a local art community would be great, and we have a small long hair chihuahua who is very quiet.

Thank you for any and all input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 09:14 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,698,331 times
Come on... rent or buy? budget? required amenities? job locations? give us something to work with!

Old 03-05-2012, 10:06 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,080,225 times
Yeah your question is really vague. Does he work near a BART or Caltrain station in SF?

Old 03-06-2012, 11:29 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,361,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyciacreative View Post
I'm sure this has been posted a billion times before, but I am just curious as to what the internet has to say.

My husband works in San Francisco and currently we live in San Jose. It's a crappy commute that he does every single day in rush hour, both ways.

It's become increasingly apparent that we're going to have to move closer to SF for him to keep the shred of sanity he has left.

I've lived in San Jose pretty much my entire life. I like to visit other places in The Bay where we have friends like Union City, San Francisco, and San Mateo.

However, I don't know enough about any of these places to make a decision on where we should be living. If I ask any of my friends what the best place to live in the Bay Area is, they promptly reply with whatever city they live in, offering no help haha.

I guess some things to consider are that we like cities with things to do, we're both artists so a local art community would be greatt, and we have a small long hair chihuahua who is very quiet.

Thank you for any and all input.
You might be interested in Belmont The City of Belmont, CA - Twin Pines Art Center

Old 03-06-2012, 11:42 AM

180 posts, read 211,322 times
It would be a waste of time giving our recommendations because you didn't give us enough/any information, so I will just say Sea Cliff.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:01 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
The internet says: San Mateo!

Old 03-06-2012, 12:03 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,782,238 times
If I were to live on the Peninsuala, I'd live in San Carlos or Burlinghame. Nice, well kept communities.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:01 PM

137 posts, read 542,967 times
Based on your artistic inclinations, I'd suggest Rockridge in Oakland, North Berkeley, or SF itself.

But if you want a suburb, the peninsula cities would be good: San Carlos, Millbrae, San Mateo, Burlingame.

More information from you would help us narrow it down more.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
My husband works in San Francisco...I like to visit other places in The Bay where we have friends like Union City, San Francisco, and San Mateo...I guess some things to consider are that we like cities with things to do, we're both artists so a local art community would be great...
So SF it is. Of course, there's the money thing, and the dog thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland