Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 09:19 PM

123 posts, read 289,413 times

Advertisements

Hi, if you are a recruiter or a person who works in accounts payable, would you please message me? I would like to get an idea of how much a person in accounts payable would make in the Bay area. I've Googled and checked salaries on Craigslist and LinkedIn but it's a wide range. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 09:58 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,927,316 times
i had googled around on that awhile back too. it's been years since i did a/p though and my experience doesn't seem to count any more! certainly it would depend on skills/computer programs and what kind of company. most of the time the highest pay was always in high tech. kind of a bummer because it can be sooooo boring. (high tech anyway, not necessarily a/p.)

Old 08-02-2012, 07:59 PM

Thanks for your reply!

AP can be boring too. But that's what I've been doing for the past 6.5 years!

I guess I'll just keep applying and crossing my fingers.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotoliveoil View Post
Thanks for your reply!

AP can be boring too. But that's what I've been doing for the past 6.5 years!

I guess I'll just keep applying and crossing my fingers.
i really liked my a/p job. i worked at memorex years ago and eventually moved on into admin work because it paid better. but i would much prefer to do a/p now and not have to deal with the crap that goes along with being an admin. i was reading a job description the other day and it had something about quotas you had to meet. sheesh. we never had anything like that. the company was so big that everybody took a few letters of the alphabet, and just about the time you'd gotten a handle on all the unresolved issues, they'd scramble the letters up and you'd have to start all over! have you gotten any responses? i know how nobody wants to train people these days. seems like that would make it a little easier even coming from far away. an employment agency would probably be able to answer your question.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:42 PM

No, no one has responded. I'm hoping the problem is my address and not that I'm underqualified. I have years of experience with high volume AP...I hope that counts for something! But I've been applying for a month with no luck yet. :S

I'm afraid of using an employment agency. I want to find a permanent job. But I may not have a choice. I wonder if I call one up, if they would help me with some information.

Thanks!

Old 08-02-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotoliveoil View Post
No, no one has responded. I'm hoping the problem is my address and not that I'm underqualified. I have years of experience with high volume AP...I hope that counts for something! But I've been applying for a month with no luck yet. :S

I'm afraid of using an employment agency. I want to find a permanent job. But I may not have a choice. I wonder if I call one up, if they would help me with some information.

Thanks!
maybe it doesn't work this way any more but it USED to be you could also get a permanent job through an agency. i got at least two that way. and one of them i got was in the inland empire when i was moving from san jose, so i flew down to interview and to find a house. i temped for years in san jose and at one point i got the "you temped too long" crap. i see somebody in los angeles is saying that nonsense happens there too. apple one was the main or maybe the only one that did that. i left in 2001 and before that it was just temp to temp to temp sometimes. even the agencies that said temp to perm somehow lied or the company lied, i don't know. one place i stayed for 10 months, and then when they finally offered a permanent job, it was one i wouldn't take! i think that is more common for an admin than in accounting. once you get settled in there i would think they'd rather keep you than start again, but i don't know for sure.

wouldn't hurt to email somebody and find out. they might be desperate for good people!

Old 08-03-2012, 01:03 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,080,225 times
Just call up Accountemps in SF, be nice, ask them for their take on the job market right now. As I've told you before they had a giant electronic billboard up at the entrance to the Bay Bridge toll plaza for the last couple years, even when the local economy was still crappy and tech hadn't boomed yet.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:39 PM

Thanks guys! I'm going to try calling Accountemps on Monday...

Old 08-03-2012, 10:46 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Welcome to Salary.com - Salary.com

Old 08-03-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
thanks! $50k median salary in mountain view for a senior a/p clerk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland