Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2012, 01:07 PM

49 posts, read 151,839 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering how the dating scene in San Francisco is for a straight NY male? I've definitely noticed huge differences as I moved from place to place. The NY dating scene is much better than Boston and especially better than Miami (which was a big surprise to me). I'm an athletic guy that lifts weights 3x a week, make more than $100k a year and drive a sports car. I don't think I'm the hottest property out there, I just want to be able to get a girlfriend. I'm currently living in Miami and looking to relocate. I can work remotely from anywhere in the country, so job is not a problem for me.

Are women approachable? Are they laid back or will they demand a wedding ring before the first kiss?

I'm especially hoping to hear from people that moved from another city & state. They usually have the best perspective. Also - Please I'm NOT asking for dating advice.

Last edited by stevenboyce; 09-05-2012 at 01:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 01:11 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Lose the car, buy a fixie, grow a beard, and get some tattoos, then some of the women here *might* give you a second look.

Oh, and $100K is considered middle-class by many people here. It certainly won't enable you to live a life of luxury, or even semi-luxury, esp. if you decide you can't live without your car.

Good luck!

Old 09-05-2012, 01:36 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
I don't know about S.F. specifically, but in the Bay Area in general, people are friendly. There's so much going on on the weekends--festivals, free outdoor concerts, art fairs, as well as hiking clubs & other outdoor activity groups--that it's easy to meet people. 100+ K is fine; some of the women in the area are lawyers, techies, and other professionals with salaries in the same ballpark.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:15 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,010,612 times
If you're an in shape guy, with a good salary, and not horribly ugly, and you can't get a girl anywhere (not just S.F), then there is something seriously wrong.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:24 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,917,875 times
The dating scene is, well, weird. A young woman recently told me that poly is the new bi.

The more conventional types live in the Marina, Pacific Heights, Presidio Heights, Laurel Hill, downtown/South Beach, Sausalito (across the Golden Gate bridge), and in the East Bay suburbs east of the Berkeley/Oakland mountain range (Walnut Creek, Dublin, etc.).

Old 09-05-2012, 02:34 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
The more conventional types live in the Marina, Pacific Heights, Presidio Heights, Laurel Hill, downtown/South Beach, Sausalito (across the Golden Gate bridge), and in the East Bay suburbs east of the Berkeley/Oakland mountain range (Walnut Creek, Dublin, etc.).
This is what I was going to post. Go downtown and to the financial district for great-looking women, as well as the Marina, Pacific Heights, St. Francis Wood. The Richmond District for Russian women, both newly-arrived and locally-born. Go skating in GG Park on Sundays. Cruise the art galleries near downtown on gallery night. This really isn't that difficult, people. And by all means, don't confine yourself to S.F. proper, like the man said ^^ .

Old 09-05-2012, 03:48 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,678,634 times
What city haven't you asked this question in?

If you're picking a place to move solely on the perception of how easy you can get laid, I don't think any city is going to meet your criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland