Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2007, 03:53 AM

2 posts, read 8,928 times

Advertisements

I will arrive with my familly in San Leandro (my wife and 2 children, 11 and 1 yars old) from Romania as immigrants with green cards. It will be for the first time when I'll see USA, and i really need some advices from the Bay aria were I intend to get o job. I am a mechanic, truck driver, and wood houses constructor. My wife is a nurse. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 03:32 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,211 times
I'd like to be helpful but don't know much about the three trades you mention. Your wife will have to get licensed to practice nursing here - you can get info on this here: California Board of Registered Nursing - Licensing and Examination (broken link). I'm a little curious as to why you picked San Leandro, but I'm assuming you have relatives there?

Good luck with the relocation - sounds like a major move!

Old 10-16-2007, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 8,928 times
Thank you Fizbin for ansering me. I picked San Leandro because there lives the only roumanian family that I know in US. And we are not relatives, but they are willing to help us. This is not means that we will stay there forever. Is it indeed a major move for as. Thank you for good wishes,I really need good luck.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:12 PM

6 posts, read 29,013 times
Try this: Go to google and type in

"romanian" san francisco

There is a Romanian church in your destination town, San Leandro, and one also in Hayward. That's pretty good! I met a Romanian man who used to drive a truck and worked in the health food grocery industry 10 years ago in San Francisco. I would think that the Romanian church would be the best possible place to find other Romanians. Feel free to contact me when you get to San Leandro. My wife and I live in Berkeley. We also have a 1 year old child (but no 10 year old).

Old 10-22-2007, 04:56 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,559,492 times
I used to have a romanian friend in San Leandro. He lived in an apartment where there were a lot of other romanians living. Seems like it was a destination point for Romanians as I assumed they all helped each other out. A lot of Romanians used to hang out at Starbucks in Castro Valley at night.
San leandro is good to start with as it is cheap and centrally located in the bay area.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,511 times
Question Friends from Romania won Visa Lottery

My married friends aged about 30 are coming next year. I live in South SF but I've heard there are some Romanian churches in San Leandro and Hayward. They are Seventh-Day Adventists.
One of the posters here, in 2007, posted that San Leandro was a good place to start; and that there was an apartment which a lot of Romanians stayed in. What is the name of that apartment? Is it in good shape? Good neighborhood? How close to the Romanian Baptist Church?

Keith Johnson
South San Francisco
Cell text 925-408-1035
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland