Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2008, 06:59 PM

398 posts, read 1,331,733 times

Advertisements

Palmer is just an NY hater.Do your homework man. New Yorkers handled 9/11 just like the tough a** city that they are.Any other city would've of FOLDED! I'm just sayin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 07:14 PM

652 posts, read 2,265,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjRey View Post
Palmer is just an NY hater.Do your homework man. New Yorkers handled 9/11 just like the tough a** city that they are.Any other city would've of FOLDED! I'm just sayin.
Well..anyone that can say NY'ers are boring "obviously" are pretty souless.
You can call NY'ers a lot of things but boring?? LOLOLOL.
The guys good for a laugh anyway

Old 08-02-2008, 07:44 PM

110 posts, read 377,007 times
The problem is twofold. First you had Rudy kick out all the interesting people and the artists. Then 9/11 happened and by that time most New Yorkers had become soft. I have never been so embarrassed by my fellow countrymen as I was at the sight of New Yorkers cowering in fear after 9/11.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:04 PM

4,429 posts, read 10,365,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer Eldritch View Post
The problem is twofold. First you had Rudy kick out all the interesting people and the artists. Then 9/11 happened and by that time most New Yorkers had become soft. I have never been so embarrassed by my fellow countrymen as I was at the sight of New Yorkers cowering in fear after 9/11.
Not only is the post above the most absurd post of 2008 on city data….but a bit mean spirited too don’t you think?

Old 08-02-2008, 08:15 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Quote:
Became soft "how"? What did the mass (New Yorkers) do or not do after 9-11?

'Just trying to understand what's going on here, is all.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:26 PM

652 posts, read 2,265,232 times
Quote:
Hey...you aughta be on stage dude...yer a regular riot...lol. too bad yer not witty along with it...yawnnnnnnnnnnnn.
It is true though...I have become soft....from reading your posts...LOLOL

Old 08-02-2008, 08:33 PM

398 posts, read 1,331,733 times
Very insulting Palmer to the people who lost their lives in 9/11.you would of ran too,I'm sure of that.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:40 PM

792 posts, read 3,138,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dac2007 View Post
I have to decide between two offers: one in NYC and one in the Bay Area (Sunnyvale). Aside from work-related considerations, I am trying to understand what makes more sense for me, my wife and 7 year old kid. I would love to hear your feedback about SF vs NYC. What do you think makes more sense? SF or NYC? Part of my decision is determined by what area makes more sense to me in the long term. So far, it has been really hard to decide. Both are similar in cost and both offer great alternatives for our life today and in the future. What do you think? Your feedback is appreciated
This one is a no brainer. San Francisco hands down. New York City is way too crowded, very dirty, very expensive, extremely rude people, too fast paced, no time or place to decompress. Who needs it?

With Carmel/Monterrey, Sausolito, Marin, Calistoga, and Napa nearby again a total no brainer.

Last edited by Spincycle; 08-02-2008 at 08:49 PM..

Old 08-02-2008, 08:43 PM

153 posts, read 567,802 times
Quote:
Hmm, I don't understand what your post is trying to say. I personally could not imagine what it was like to be in NYC on 9/11. I was in Kansas watching it on the screen and it scared me.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:50 PM

110 posts, read 377,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjRey View Post
Very insulting Palmer to the people who lost their lives in 9/11.you would of ran too,I'm sure of that.
I am in no way disrespecting the people who lost their lives that day. I just think that the people of nyc could have stood up and at least tried to do something. Instead they cowered in fear and started pointing fingers. That would have never happened in SF. We help each other and are not in it only for ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland