Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:01 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,011,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
  1. Fire at my first apartment
  2. Theft of our electric meter and attempted break in at our first apartment
  3. What we thought was a scary domestic abuse event and turned out to be a medical event at our second apartment
  4. At our house, a really big fight down the street -- we called when we saw guys with bats enter the property
  5. Our own home break in
  6. We witnessed car wreck on the highway
  7. Roaming animals on the highway
  8. On our way to a furniture store in Alameda one windy day, we saw large stacked shipping containers (like what they haul on the backs of trucks) topple and fall on the railroad tracks nearly taking out the elevated BART tracks in the process on San Leandro Blvd.
That last call was to the Oakland emergency number and I got put on hold for 10 minutes, so I called the CHP 911 and they called the OPD and got put on hold for 10 minutes.....

Which is why when we thought my husband was having a stroke, I knew it would be faster if I DROVE him to Eden than call 911 from my landline and get put on hold.

And that's counting the times I've called the non-emergency number for noise complaints. We had someone behind us that felt that every weekend was party time and I don't have a problem with it if it ends at a decent time. We're nite owls, so if it was pretty much toned down after 1AM... but sorry, 4AM drunken singing and light show? I'm calling the police to shut you down.

Thankfully they moved.
Wait, so you got put on hold for 10 min by Oakland PD, then ANOTHER 10 min by CHP?

Old 03-01-2013, 10:23 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
Wait, so you got put on hold for 10 min by Oakland PD, then ANOTHER 10 min by CHP?
CHP answered right away -- when they called OPD, patched me through and stayed on the line to talk to them first -- they got put on hold for 10 minutes...

Old 03-19-2013, 01:03 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
  1. Fire at my first apartment
  2. Theft of our electric meter and attempted break in at our first apartment
  3. What we thought was a scary domestic abuse event and turned out to be a medical event at our second apartment
  4. At our house, a really big fight down the street -- we called when we saw guys with bats enter the property
  5. Our own home break in
  6. We witnessed car wreck on the highway
  7. Roaming animals on the highway
  8. On our way to a furniture store in Alameda one windy day, we saw large stacked shipping containers (like what they haul on the backs of trucks) topple and fall on the railroad tracks nearly taking out the elevated BART tracks in the process on San Leandro Blvd.
That last call was to the Oakland emergency number and I got put on hold for 10 minutes, so I called the CHP 911 and they called the OPD and got put on hold for 10 minutes.....

Which is why when we thought my husband was having a stroke, I knew it would be faster if I DROVE him to Eden than call 911 from my landline and get put on hold.

And that's counting the times I've called the non-emergency number for noise complaints. We had someone behind us that felt that every weekend was party time and I don't have a problem with it if it ends at a decent time. We're nite owls, so if it was pretty much toned down after 1AM... but sorry, 4AM drunken singing and light show? I'm calling the police to shut you down.

Thankfully they moved.
This sounds like Russia, lol!

Old 03-20-2013, 05:01 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
This has turned into a critique of law enforcement thread, and I believe there's another one going...along with multiple threads about crime in Oakland. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland