Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:23 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,993,705 times

Advertisements

Sounds to me like a few of you aren't that impressed with the condo linked above. But it is pretty updated for a condo in Adams Point. Have you seen what most condos are like in Adams Point? Yeesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 10:34 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I like the look of concrete counters, but I am afraid I'll break all of my dishes.

When is the pendulum going to swing back to harvest gold. Hehehe.
Coffee or Avocado anyone?

Old 03-06-2014, 10:35 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini_cute View Post
Sounds to me like a few of you aren't that impressed with the condo linked above. But it is pretty updated for a condo in Adams Point. Have you seen what most condos are like in Adams Point? Yeesh.
I know, I lived in a condo that was outdated in San Bruno and now live in a house that was flipped.

You are paying the flipper tax, they buy it, put 20k in cheap fixtures and sell for 60k more.

If you can, buy the fixer upper and put the 20k in yourself and save the money. I know this is easier said than done, I did not have any more cash after the down payment so a flipper was the best I could do.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:39 PM

I've never been a slave to style...

My engineering side says form follows function.

That said... I have always liked Stainless since day one because real Stainless is durable.

The headlights on my 1930 car are Stainless... twenty minutes on my buffer and they are as new... no kidding and they will be the same 75 years from now.

You will know where to find me... just look for real stained wood cabinets

Old 03-07-2014, 12:05 AM

372 posts, read 514,133 times
I agree that real stainless is a very practical material, that's why professional appliances are stainless. Also, quartz is an excellent material for a kitchen counter. This condo has quartz counters, not granite. Quartz is nonporous and resists bacteria, stains, heat, and scratches.

Last edited by calicoastal; 03-07-2014 at 12:21 AM..

Old 03-07-2014, 12:23 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Coffee or Avocado anyone?
that's the 70's look...

Old 03-07-2014, 01:24 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini_cute View Post
Sounds lovely, but I was sincere when I said I had not seen anything more current- at least that I can recall. Anyone feel like taking the time to link me to some images so I can update my mental registry of what is the latest?
Google white ice appliances. Tons come up -- but I have to say, it's a hard look to capture in pics. it's essentially a like a glass overlay over white -- like an I phone. It's so sharp looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicoastal View Post
I agree that real stainless is a very practical material, that's why professional appliances are stainless. Also, quartz is an excellent material for a kitchen counter. This condo has quartz counters, not granite. Quartz is nonporous and resists bacteria, stains, heat, and scratches.
My dream kitchen... white fridge, white dishwasher, white wall stoves in electric... stainless gas cooktop. Easy peasy to clean. I cook, and not neatly. Stainless in things that get touched and smeared -- nope -- I want wipe clean easiness. The only thing stainless is the gas cooktop.

Gotta say -- I am still wildly in love with my cool 50's medium gray boomerang Wilsonart laminate. It's not Formica -- Formica's boomerangs are gray and white and black. Wilsonart's were pink and turquoise and light gray -- WAY cooler. And no longer in production. But when I look at my countertop 100 times a day, it makes me very happy.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
that's the 70's look...
Hey, driving a 1930 car I thought it would be older.

Guess I'm analog in a digital age...

Posted before about the 1922 Craftsman Bungalow I bought from the original owner... like going back in time... all my friends and my new neighbors offered to help me demo it all...

I held my ground and lovingly worked with what I had... matchstick hardwood, unpainted soapstone fireplace, high leg kitchen stove, original 1922 bathroom and kitchen with yellow tile counter with blue trim and double hung wood windows... etc.

Anyway, when it came to sell, I got the highest price ever in the area simply because my home had not been updated or remodeled... most of my neighbors had homes that had been "Updated" several times.

The only thing not 1922 was the refrigerator since they had not been yet invented for regular homes back then...

Don't get me wrong... I've bought homes and stripped them down to the studs... they were that bad or damaged...

Old 03-07-2014, 11:04 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
I think I would ask a local real estate agent the questions you're asking. Pretty much meaningless to ask opinions on a real estate forum about value of a single property.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:24 PM

Location: From Oakland, CA. Was in SLZ, CA. Now Lynnwood, WA.
81 posts, read 137,854 times
It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for a condo conversion, yuck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland