Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 10:55 AM

3,887 posts, read 4,540,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
...So you're not bothered by police from Any city, USA shooting innocent, unarmed people?

I didn't actually comment on the verdict of the Kate Steinle case, btw. I'm discussing the travesty in justice in our COUNTRY which isn't specific to San Francisco.

The outrage should be against ALL injustice.
Political and Controversy forum will enable you to discuss this particular subject freely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 12:19 PM

1,156 posts, read 987,067 times
Quote:
I understand. I am not at peace with this verdict either. I just wanted to make the point that the injustice has nothing to do with San Francisco specifically. We, as citizens should not be allowed to be more outraged or frustrated than the Steinle family and people directly affected by this tragedy-- an interview with them is published today in the Chronicle.

They, have not politicized this issue at all regarding sanctuary cities--that would solely be the doings of Trump/Fox news.

Well, yes it could very well be about SF specifically. What was the makeup of the jurors (we don't know since it's sealed) and obviously people living in SF have a predisposition of leniency toward illegals. Just like Rodney King couldn't get a fair trial in Simi Valley and how OJ likely was acquitted. So if the trial was in Pleasanton, I can sure bet he wouldn't have been acquitted of all charges, other than the stupid possession charge.

It does sound like the Prosecutor didn't do a very good job or even push for a different charge that he might have won, but not surprising given that prosecutors are getting worse and worse in my opinion since it takes such a high salary to live here, the top attorneys are not going to take a paltry government job, they'll all go to the top law firms.

Think it is obvious we need stricter gun laws. Maybe if the sentence for a felon possessing a fiream was longer than 3 years, justice would have been closer to being served. Anyone tweet that to Trump since he is far on the other side of this? He already has me blocked....Hahaha

Old 12-02-2017, 05:54 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
Obviously you are at peace with it if you have to use a straw man argument.
Also the fact that the defense attorney took a stab at the president speaks volumes. Just shows how stupid people in SF really are.

Quote:
I understand. I am not at peace with this verdict either. I just wanted to make the point that the injustice has nothing to do with San Francisco specifically. We, as citizens should not be allowed to be more outraged or frustrated than the Steinle family and people directly affected by this tragedy-- an interview with them is published today in the Chronicle.

They, have not politicized this issue at all regarding sanctuary cities--that would solely be the doings of Trump/Fox news.

Old 12-02-2017, 01:52 PM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times

Old 12-02-2017, 04:25 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Obviously you are at peace with it if you have to use a straw man argument.
Also the fact that the defense attorney took a stab at the president speaks volumes. Just shows how stupid people in SF really are.
No one has politicized this more than Trump. Puh-leeze.

Old 12-02-2017, 04:46 PM

882 posts, read 688,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
No one has politicized this more than Trump. Puh-leeze.
So show you're classier, rise above it, and focus on the issue at hand.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:59 PM

4,605 posts, read 2,999,207 times
Default municipal egotism

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocSciProf View Post
The thread is stale. But the OP's facts are fresh (unfortunately).

People kinda are making the OP's point: 1)Someone complains about features of the bay area, 2)Right on cue some (or even many) BayArean(s) respond(s) accusing the OP of trolling. In a real world class city, the vast majority of people recognize the problems even if they can't do anything about them, and in fact gain camaraderie in discussing those problems. Only small towns take offense if someone dares suggest the town isn't some little slice of heaven. LOL
One of the local TV stations used to (and maybe still does) refer to the Bay area as "the best place on earth."

Old 12-04-2017, 12:54 PM

342 posts, read 318,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
One of the local TV stations used to (and maybe still does) refer to the Bay area as "the best place on earth."
It used to be a nice place to live, but lack of basic commen sense and ethics have pushed SF downhill really fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland