Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 02:48 AM

21,727 posts, read 16,331,178 times

Advertisements

I tell you what you all need to do, rather than read and reply for the comedy, how about you instead if you don't have anything nice to say and you desire to simply poke fun and laugh at this thread, then take it somewhere else. If replies like this continue, then I am done with this conversation.

Given that I know of people in their early to mid 20s that can afford to live in one bedroom apartments in that city, I find it hard to believe that I can't do the same! Of course these people might have their parents help pay for their apartments of course. But I am getting off track here! My second paragraph is pretty much all I have to say for now. Good day or night to you all! Ugh..[/quote]
Now now, OP. Several people, including myself (//www.city-data.com/forum/37435383-post15.html) replied with accurate, good information, and without poking fun at you.

Your thread question seems to be a troll post given that your request is, in everyone here's experience, impossible.

And you come back insisting it is not and asking for more.

Ok. Here's what you do to prove validity to your claim that what you seek does in fact exist: post examples of current listings you have found as you claim.

You'll be doing us all an educational experience.

Show us a current listing in SF for a 1-bedroom apartment for under even $1000 a month.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 12-06-2014 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: The post you replied to has been deleted...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 03:29 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,837,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Now now, OP. Several people, including myself (//www.city-data.com/forum/37435383-post15.html) replied with accurate, good information, and without poking fun at you.

Your thread question seems to be a troll post given that your request is, in everyone here's experience, impossible.

Ok. Here's what you do to prove validity to your claim that what you seek does in fact exist: post examples of current listings you have found as you claim.

Show us a current listing in SF for a 1-bedroom apartment for under even $1000 a month.
"Aaauuuugghhh!! Stop making fun of me!!"

Old 12-06-2014, 03:48 AM

207 posts, read 496,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

Here's two! Capp Street, San Francisco CA - Trulia Live In Downtown

There! Now do you take me seriously?

EDIT: I forgot one more! It might not be a one bedroom apartment, but cheap none of the less! http://www.trulia.com/rental/3068349...-94124#photo-1

Last edited by Aethalstad; 12-06-2014 at 03:56 AM..

Old 12-06-2014, 08:27 AM

39 posts, read 59,816 times
i'd be willing to bet none of those are real apartments and are scams

Old 12-06-2014, 09:08 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,247,853 times
You do realize dt SF is prime real estate, right? Better yet, you are going to be a community college kid. No one is going to want to rent to you when they could have some well paid programmer as their tenant. You will HAVE to live outside of the city. 2 yrs ago I found a one bedroom in Concord for that price that didn't look completely sketchy. 2 years ago! I doubt it's even possible now. There were dumps in Berkeley going for $1100. I eventually gave up and stayed with my bf.

We are giving you real answers. You're just delusional.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:27 AM

21,727 posts, read 16,331,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethalstad View Post
Here's two! Capp Street, San Francisco CA - Trulia Live In Downtown

EDIT: I forgot one more! It might not be a one bedroom apartment, but cheap none of the less! Shafter, San Francisco CA - Trulia
I understand your frustration. But it's not a question of am I taking you seriously. It's a question of whether you are taking the SF rental market seriously. Assuming you are, in fact, a young community college bound student, you are getting a lesson in contemporary local economics. Information abounds for you to study. Don't limit yourself to anonymous internet forum responses. Read. Read. Read. You'll have to do that to get through college, right? Do it now about the present SF rental market.

Your study will educate you as to scams. Particularly common on Craigslist for rentals. Do pay heed and don't send money to hold a place.

Note your third example is $800 for a shared room. Not for an apartment. This is what you can find for that rate here. And you will still have a hard time competing for the room against professionals with degrees and employment verifications. The City here is brutal to squeeze into.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:00 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,738,090 times
and the Capp Street is a studio...

Old 12-06-2014, 10:18 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,274,224 times
You seem to have already found, legit rentals in safe areas on your own, so what do you need City Data's help for?

Old 12-06-2014, 10:51 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethalstad View Post
Alright everyone! I haven't been on here in a while, but after reading through all of these comments I have to address this. I should have asked if there are apartments in San Francisco that are worth $875 a month or less. Rather than $500 a month. Ok.

That said, can anyone list me any that are in that price range at least? An apartment in San Francisco that is worth $875 a month or less. NOT JOKING! Being dead serious on this one!! Can't stress that enough!

SIDE NOTE: I am also a college student who is planning on attending a community college in San Francisco and that school does not offer housing. Then again, what community college does offer housing? On top of that, I still have parental support on all fronts. So they would help pay for the apartment that I would be staying in if I happen to move into one there! So there you have that!

Now this thread might finally be somewhat taken seriously!
You can get a room in a shared apartment for your price, but it will be out in the southwest corner of town, most likely, or near the beach, or in South San Francisco. You can do this research yourself, you don't need to ask us. Check Craigslist for listings. Google SF community colleges to see if any offer housing. It's doubtful, but worth a try.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:09 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,909 times
[quote=Aethalstad;37536769]Here's two! Capp Street, San Francisco CA - Trulia Live In Downtown

EDIT: I forgot one more! It might not be a one bedroom apartment, but cheap none of the less! Shafter, San Francisco CA - Trulia[/QUOTE

Okay, I'll assume you are serious. Do you have anyone with more experience in life to help you? You sound too naive to be doing this on your own. I say this b/c I feel that you will fall for a scam and end up losing out big time. Your glee at finding these 2 rentals is an indication that you need more experience in suspecting possible scams.

Anyway, if the responses you are receiving here are hurting you, then I don't think you are ready to move to SF. This is just an online board where people can be mean, sarcastic etc but it is not real life... Maybe there is a more local Community College where you will be able to afford the rent?

BTW, I'm not saying it is impossible. You just need to be more suspicious. Good luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland