Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 01:22 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,848,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
No it is not that "police are racist." The problem is racism is baked into the police system. In their training, their approach and their processes.

Being a cop showed me just how racist and violent the police are. There
The problem in here is trolls just throwing out bait on a controversial topic they clearly don't understand. No need to bite that hook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I completely agree with you! I was debating one of my friends and these were some of the main points I was making too. They have no common sense and are turning moderate people away from them and anything they have to say, myself included. When it came to Brown, I believed the officer's story. However, the Garner case was different. That kind of force was not necessary, but these idiots have turned all my focus on them and I don't want anything to do with them and now I am rooting for the police department because I don't want them to ever think that lawlessness and violence is how you bring change in modern day America.
Lawlessness and violence performed by police is also lawlessness and violence. You OK with that? (You're paying for it, btw)

Old 12-10-2014, 01:29 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Lawlessness and violence performed by police is also lawlessness and violence. You OK with that? (You're paying for it, btw)
So, because of a few bad eggs, it's okay to take out your anger on the community and innocent people?

Geez, if something ever happens to me or someone I know or someone of my race, please send me your address, so I can rob and loot your house. It's justified right? Sure you didn't have anything to do with it, but someone must pay!

Old 12-10-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
So, because of a few bad eggs, it's okay to take out your anger on the community and innocent people?

Geez, if something ever happens to me or someone I know or someone of my race, please send me your address, so I can rob and loot your house. It's justified right? Sure you didn't have anything to do with it, but someone must pay!
Any evidence I advocate for senseless destruction to promote a cause? Nope.

But just cuz they're cops, doesn't justify their lawless, reckless behavior. Despite what the opportunistic vandals do, the message is quite clear: Racist cops are killing young black men and getting away with it. F 'em.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:28 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
There needs to be more oversight over police, from non-police sources, somehow.

Why aren't there more African-American police officers? I'm in NM, and there are a fair amount of Native American police, as well as Hispanic, of course. In my observation, most police here are Hispanic. It's surprising the number of Native kids who say they want to go into law enforcement, though.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Any evidence I advocate for senseless destruction to promote a cause? Nope.

But just cuz they're cops, doesn't justify their lawless, reckless behavior. Despite what the opportunistic vandals do, the message is quite clear: Racist cops are killing young black men and getting away with it. F 'em.
Once again, I ask you... Are you saying all cops are racist reckless killers? I certainly don't think so, which is why people shouldn't be taking their anger out on every cop out there and especially on their community.

I personally believe police departments should get funding for body cameras and make it mandatory. The government spends plenty on wasteful crap, so they could easily come up with funding for this.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There needs to be more oversight over police, from non-police sources, somehow.

Why aren't there more African-American police officers? I'm in NM, and there are a fair amount of Native American police, as well as Hispanic, of course. In my observation, most police here are Hispanic. It's surprising the number of Native kids who say they want to go into law enforcement, though.
I haven't looked at stats, but only 12-13% of the population are Blacks, which sounds like the same ratio of cops.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:56 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,465,672 times
Quote:
The problem in here is trolls just throwing out bait on a controversial topic they clearly don't understand. No need to bite that hook.
News flash: Not everyone who disagrees with your opinion is a "troll."

I'm plenty informed, thank you very much. And I understand perfectly well that blocking a freeway for a few nights will not achieve any of the protesters' stated objectives, as listed (among other places) on the BAMN website.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:10 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,111 times
I wonder if I was considered a troll simply because I believe the Mike Brown shooting was justified. I get it: it's a good cause. But when people behave badly, and in this case, really badly, it's not a racist cop that shot a black man unjustifiably. It's a cop that had to do something he has to live with for the rest of his life. Unfortunate but necessary. And if you're lumping that incident in with the other two, I take umbrage with you.

On that note, I believe the worst thing the city PD could have done was left his body out in the street like they did. That's the unfortunate part of that case, but not the actual shooting. I said it before the Eric Garner case and I'll say it again, the movement, if you will, chose the WRONG case to riot for. Once the autopsy reports came out, Mike Brown is going to end up doing this cause a disservice. People should get their facts before they start race wars.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
By whom? Remember, the police are all evil and racist and can't be trusted.
Dearest, ^^^THIS is pure kneejerk sophomoric hyperbolic trollspeak, and has nothing to do with anything discussed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland