Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2015, 07:44 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,278,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You talk about wanting to reduce crime but let prisoners out early and fight mandatory sentencing laws, instead you just want to pass more and more anti gun laws that only affect people who do not commit crime. You never once actually try and analyze the affects of your anti gun laws because they will show you one thing, they make no difference.
Actually, this is patently false. More guns= more gun deaths and gun violence. I'm sorry you don't want to believe this, but it's a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 07:51 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Actually, this is patently false. More guns= more gun deaths and gun violence. I'm sorry you don't want to believe this, but it's a fact.
Statistics show differently

Not to mention more people are carrying concealed than ever before, almost every state allows individuals to carry concealed and those with a ccw license are less to commit crimes than anyone else in society.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:56 PM

You keep repeating that NRA line like a Bible verse all you want. It's sad, but hey, I don't doubt your faith!

Old 10-20-2015, 08:00 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
If history teaches us anything is that the American people don't want more gun laws. Many democrats have learned this, especially in purple states.
The gun owners are not the ones with an anti gun playbook on how to capitalize on tragedies. Just look at the rhetoric coming for anti gun democrats whenever an event occurs.
Name calling and trying to relate guns to sexual connotations is just par for the course for anti gunners, it is not original and makes you look small minded.
Let's get this straight right off...I never called you any names, so please don't claim I did. Regarding the term "ammosexual" that is not something I invented, it's a very common term used to describe a certain 'type' of gun owner, much like progressives are routinely called communists, marxists or *******s. And I never called you an ammosexual, so don't go there.

I think it's becoming clear that a good number of people are upset with the number of mass shootings that we have had. I don't think a thuggish NRA that resorts to victim blaming inspires much confidence in people. How it turns out, we will have to wait and see...but I would not be surprised to see even more of a backlash against 'gun rights' unless the NRA and the talking heads learn to exercise a little discretion.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
You keep repeating that NRA line like a Bible verse all you want. It's sad, but hey, I don't doubt your faith!
I understand why you don't want to talk facts and would rather try and turn the NRA into a boogeyman.

You seem to forget that the NRA is the largest paid member organization in America and second largest organization total after the AARP.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Statistics show differently
Not to mention more people are carrying concealed than ever before, almost every state allows individuals to carry concealed and those with a ccw license are less to commit crimes than anyone else in society.
correlation does not imply causation.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
correlation does not imply causation.
Yet every time you and other want more gun laws that correlation is causation.

At the very least, it is fact that crime is not increasing as more guns are in society.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
But you will carry on, NRA this, Christians that, rednecks this without realizing that over the last 20 years guns sales have gone up, crime has gone down, the amount of people carrying concealed is at an all time high and you are still a hoplophobe.
Crime has been dropping steadily since it peaked in 1991. To claim that it dropped because of gun sales makes no more sense than saying that crime dropped because the #1 Billboard song in 1991 was "Everything I do" by Bryan Adams or that it started dropping because that is the year that Linus Torvalds released Linux v 0.02. Once again, correlation does not imply causation

Old 10-20-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Crime has been dropping steadily since it peaked in 1991. To claim that it dropped because of gun sales makes no more sense than saying that crime dropped because the #1 Billboard song in 1991 was "Everything I do" by Bryan Adams or that it started dropping because that is the year that Linus Torvalds released Linux v 0.02. Once again, correlation does not imply causation
So if more guns are not tied to crime why are you and other so adamant on restricting and regulating them?

Old 10-20-2015, 09:07 PM

I mean we can't expect you to understand logics and facts. Your friggin screen name is "shooting4life".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland