Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 12:42 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Exactly. It's just typical white entitlement. Tons of whites feel entitled to a system rigged up for them to win, and when they see changes in that system they feel threatened and lash out.

A perfect example of this are the mostly white police unions. Up until the last 10 years or so, they really did not have to be held accountable for their work. Now that cellphone cameras are ubiquitous, they are being asked to be held accountable there is a "war on cops", LOL.
That's public employee privilege, not necessarily white privilege.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 12:59 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,012,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
That's public employee privilege, not necessarily white privilege.

LoL not really. I work for the government and we have cameras on us pretty much 24/7. It's really only the mostly white police union which seems to have an issue with being held accountable. You don't see the Post Office workers, Teachers, Court Clerks, or Fireman upset because they are being recorded.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:58 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Who knew all along it was the system that made me successful, here I have been working hard like a sucker. Should have just coasted on the gravy train that is my white privilege. I'm going to stop working and just live off of the privilege, someone please help me out and tell me where the checks are coming from.

Life is easier when you take responsibility for your own actions.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:03 PM

https://twitter.com/lesizmore/status/627687307785715712

Old 11-19-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Is this black privlage then?

Old 11-19-2015, 04:11 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,112,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

. . . and MAY yield quite favorable rewards, as well.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Is this black privlage then?
No, can your brain not process the difference between both pictures?

Old 11-22-2015, 08:22 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Who knew all along it was the system that made me successful, here I have been working hard like a sucker. Should have just coasted on the gravy train that is my white privilege. I'm going to stop working and just live off of the privilege, someone please help me out and tell me where the checks are coming from.

When you take responsibility for your own actions, work equally hard as the next, keeping your nose clean, and STILL get significantly less reward for your troubles, then there is an issue. Like glass ceilings, for instance. We are either going to choose to live up to the original American ideal of work ethic getting you ahead, or retreat to the old privilege concept wherein the divinely selected (or just lucky to be born in the preferred mode) shall reap the benefits, and all others properly subjugated, meekly accepting their defined "place" in society.

Just because angry white guys are losing some of the hegemony their forebearers have enjoyed for centuries, doesn't mean they are nearly the sorrowful victims they would try to make themselves out to be.
Self-victimization isn't terribly manly either, tough guys.

But fear not, Fox News Nation, CA is a big state, and we compassionately carve out well-gerrymandered desert and forest lands for you guys where you can spend all your frustrations yelling and shooting into the ether, finding unlimited camaraderie amidst the desperate state of the Declining Angry White Man in America. Still not sure why one would endure the liberal hell that is CA when there are SO many better-suited deep, dark red zones in which to assemble the conservative gaggles (oh wait...it's a money accumulation thing?), but we understand that some people just like to start fights for sport, so in that context, it all makes sense. Peace is for wimps anyway, right?

Old 11-22-2015, 08:33 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
So explain in greater details how a system can be rigged for whites to win? Because they go to bed early enough so they are well rested for work the next day? Because they live a healthy responsible lifestyle so they are mentally and physically fit for work? Because they simply get another job if they don't feel they are not in a "winning" situation with their current employer?

Turning to dealing drugs, robbery, burglary, etc. for income is also a way to lash out. Employers know this too.
You obviously don't know what "twice as good" means.

Not to mention disparities in terms of the criminal justice system - such as sentencing disparities, let alone extra judicial deaths at the hands of police (not even getting a chance at justice or the due process of law) by race.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:44 PM

Quote:
No, can your brain not process the difference between both pictures?
What's the difference? You have a white person exercising the first and second amendment and the second picture you have a group of black people doing the exact same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland