Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 08:40 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

Im a huge Hillary supporter and find Trump's rhetoric to be dangerous and nonsensical. He is the worst candidate I can recall in my lifetime.

That said, I am appalled at the sight on the news of crowds gathered to take pics and mock a statue of Trump totally nude, unflattering to put it mildly, and in living color.

Many in the LGBTQ community know what it's like to be taunted, to be teased, mocked and ridiculed, so to see many in the Castro gleefully and smugly point and snap pics of this statue's groin makes me cringe.

What if someone made a statue like that of your father or grandfather? It probably wouldnt be funny then, right?

We're supposed to be better than that. Michelle Obama said it best, "When they go low, we go high". Just a thought.

Ps And for the love of hades, would someone put a loin cloth or something over his genitals.

Ok rant over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 08:58 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,280,262 times
I think it's great, personally. We've had to listen to him insult and denigrate so many people over the last year while idiots cheered him on for "speaking his mind". Unfortunately, Trump is addicted to seeing his name everywhere, so this isn't likely to have much of an effect on his campaign, which is already in the toilet.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:35 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,989,754 times
Oooh, I dunno Montclair, I think it's funny and as a artist myself I am all for open and free expression. In addition, he deserves to be mocked for obvious reasons. I wouldn't be upset if someone made fun of Hitler either. Trump is a narcissistic sociopath and he truly deserves this kind of attention.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:36 AM

264 posts, read 250,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Im a huge Hillary supporter and find Trump's rhetoric to be dangerous and nonsensical. He is the worst candidate I can recall in my lifetime.

That said, I am appalled at the sight on the news of crowds gathered to take pics and mock a statue of Trump totally nude, unflattering to put it mildly, and in living color.

Many in the LGBTQ community know what it's like to be taunted, to be teased, mocked and ridiculed, so to see many in the Castro gleefully and smugly point and snap pics of this statue's groin makes me cringe.

What if someone made a statue like that of your father or grandfather? It probably wouldnt be funny then, right?

We're supposed to be better than that. Michelle Obama said it best, "When they go low, we go high". Just a thought.

Ps And for the love of hades, would someone put a loin cloth or something over his genitals.

Ok rant over.
Agreed. The statues do not reflect well on whomever put them up, and the gloating doesn't reflect well on the rest of them.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:42 AM

I think we are well past "taking the high road" when it comes to Trump.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:50 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,990 times
I agree. It's in poor taste. Imagine if someone made a similar statue of Hillary. No one would be laughing. They'd be lined up with pitchforks screaming about sexism and misogyny.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:06 AM

People say horrible things about Hillary Clinton all the time and nobody has lined up with pitchforks and screamed about sexism and misogyny. Y'all need to look at the big picture and relax a bit.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:18 AM

120 posts, read 110,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likealady View Post
I agree. It's in poor taste. Imagine if someone made a similar statue of Hillary. No one would be laughing. They'd be lined up with pitchforks screaming about sexism and misogyny.
So true. Clinton's got her own baggage to overshadow but I recall some editorials earlier in the campaign that mentioned it.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:20 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,690,013 times
The statue has appeared in several cities. Luckily, I first saw a picture of it long before breakfast.

Of course, NYC Parks took the ugly thing down, and then expressed their displeasure over the event.

Exposed! Naked Donald Trump Statues Pop Up in Cities Across U.S. - NBC News
The NYC Parks Department told NBC New York in a cheekily written statement that, "NYC Parks stands firmly against any unpermitted erection in city parks, no matter how small."

Old 08-19-2016, 11:22 AM

11,789 posts, read 5,798,330 times
How about we make a statue of a monkey and use Obama's face on it - then would you continue to gloat - no you'd be calling for blood - there would be protests and rioting ect.... It's funny until the joke's on you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland