Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 09:00 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times

Advertisements

Borat won! The Party of Voter Suppression got its wish!

News reports as the votes were coming in last night said that voting machines in some states were registering the opposite candidate to whom people were entering for President, but they didn't say if that problem was skewed in favor of one particular candidate. Also, news reports in the middle of the day said that legitimate voters had been purged from the registration rolls. And NPR 2 months ago had interviewed a Trump campaign staffer who was in the process of researching potential names to purge, in violation of the Voting Rights Act that prohibits that within 90 days of an election.

I don't understand why that purging activity was allowed to go forward. Doesn't the law have teeth? If someone confessed to the crime on national radio, why wasn't he arrested?

Old 11-09-2016, 09:08 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
It has just begun...

Global Markets are crashing and protestors marching in Berkeley and SF...

Just shows what a house of cards we live in.

Only time will tell.

It's not surprising because even a few days ago the common water cooler talk is Trump should man up and pull out since he has zero chance... I guess this is why they call it an upset.

Even though he won it is still a 50/50 as far as voters.

I do think the more dirt and negatives from media only revved up his core...

American is more than major metro areas and both sides said getting out the vote is more important than ever... and this seems to be exactly what happened.

I am disappointed not a word from Hilary...
There were protests in Berkeley and SF and elsewhere when Reagan got elected the first time, too, but it didn't make any difference.

I don't know what's in the water in your water cooler at work, but the talk around water coolers I've been at was about how Dems would have to create a landslide in order to Hillary to win by even a thin margin, due to the millions of votes that have been prevented or diverted in the elections during and since the Bush Jr. elections. Congress determined that 7 million votes for Obama had been lost/subverted in his first election.

Congress also determined that Kerry won New Mexico in a landslide, but all the voting machines in rural Hispanic and Native American precincts registered a blank in lieu of Kerry votes. This was proven in federal court, when Hispanics sued the state for their stolen votes. NM has been prohibited from using voter machines since then; only paper ballots. It would be foolish to think that couldn't happen again in other states, though.

One can never take a Dem victory for granted these days; it's only courting disaster to do so.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 11-09-2016 at 09:49 AM..

Old 11-09-2016, 09:40 AM

351 posts, read 342,498 times
actually the US markets are up

Old 11-09-2016, 09:51 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
My GF and I are Asian and voted for him. This is a wake up call for elites and the political establishment.
I don't understand how Trump is not part of the "elite" class either.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:53 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,999,732 times
Are there long lines at California airports this morning?

Many California celebrities shot their mouth off about leaving the US if Trump won.

Bon Voyage

Old 11-09-2016, 10:00 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,990,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
The city is so quiet tonight. In Wholefoods tonight, we noticed everyone had their eyes down , not looking very happy at all.

I felt like the solitary Trump supporter among the masses. Everyone I spoke with had nothing but disdain for Trump.

We just opened a celebratory bottle of Chateau Lynch-Bages for tonight and will sleep a little later.

How about you , did you secretly vote for Trump , or always felt Hillary had your vote not matter what
LOL

I love this guy.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:01 AM

127 posts, read 178,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Sometime next week the Second Great Depression will start. The Holiday shopping season may be the worst in history.

I'm more concerned about secession movements. The U.S. is in the breakup stage that the Soviet Union was in the '80s. Putin found a Yeltsin in Trump. He will oversee the division of the United States of America as the last president. The blue states that touch Canada will try to join the Confederation and the red South will form the Confederacy again. (The Dylann Roof backlash against CSA-anna was only a temporary reprieve.)

I'm thinking about immigrating. America is now a third-world banana republic with stolen (Remember Bernie?) and unreliable (Diebold's default settings are always Republican candidates) elections. Why did Trump insinuate that America ever sucked with his slogan? America never sucks (until now, it was unpatriotic to even insinuate such a thing!!!), until the electorate agreed yesterday.
Yes, we have survived 44 presidents, some of them buffoons, two worlds wars, a CIVIL war (with hundreds of thousands of our own dead), depressions, recessions, natural disasters, 9/11, etc., but Donald Trump is going to take the country down.

I seem to remember 4 and 8 years ago half the country saying the same thing about Obama and somehow we survived. I didn't like either candidate, really didn't like them. But I don't believe either one would have the power to dismantle America.

The real problem with government is government. Most human beings seem to be corruptible to some degree or the other when given power, regardless of their ideology. This election was about years of corruption, abuse of power, bad judgement, acquiescing to special interests to the detriment of the general public, saying/doing anything to get re-elected, etc., by Washington. From what I can tell, a majority of Trump voters really didn't like him that much. They were just sick of politicians (all of them) and wanted to let them know it. I know I am.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:01 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,990,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I don't understand how Trump is not part of the "elite" class either.
He's a 1 percenter but he's not "establishment". I thought that was pretty obvious to anyone who has been paying attention the past 18 months.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:10 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
He's a 1 percenter but he's not "establishment". I thought that was pretty obvious to anyone who has been paying attention the past 18 months.
Obviously as he's never been in politics but he is still part of the same "elite" that his supporters think is ruining the country.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:25 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,788,390 times
I am sitting at a Starbuck typing this and was asked about two minutes ago by two men what I thought of the Presidential Election. They are both bigger than me, and not knowing what they were up to, I told them I didn't vote and don't care about the election. Didn't want to be beaten by lawless entitled thugs just in case.

For me a Trump vote does not mean a vote for Trump but a repudiation of:

Hillary Clinton

The Republican Party

The Democratic Party

The Status Quo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland