Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 01:45 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,799 times

Advertisements

The city is so quiet tonight. In Wholefoods tonight, we noticed everyone had their eyes down , not looking very happy at all.

I felt like the solitary Trump supporter among the masses. Everyone I spoke with had nothing but disdain for Trump.

We just opened a celebratory bottle of Chateau Lynch-Bages for tonight and will sleep a little later.

How about you , did you secretly vote for Trump , or always felt Hillary had your vote not matter what

Old 11-09-2016, 02:06 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
The question now is how long before Trump crashes the economy.

I'm hoping he gives me at least two years time, but my gut tells me it will come much sooner than that.

At any rate, I've already made defensive preparation so it was good to be prepared.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:17 AM

4,603 posts, read 6,371,820 times
The sound of one hand clapping.....

Old 11-09-2016, 03:26 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
It has just begun...

Global Markets are crashing and protestors marching in Berkeley and SF...

Just shows what a house of cards we live in.

Only time will tell.

It's not surprising because even a few days ago the common water cooler talk is Trump should man up and pull out since he has zero chance... I guess this is why they call it an upset.

Even though he won it is still a 50/50 as far as voters.

I do think the more dirt and negatives from media only revved up his core...

American is more than major metro areas and both sides said getting out the vote is more important than ever... and this seems to be exactly what happened.

I am disappointed not a word from Hilary...

Old 11-09-2016, 03:53 AM

1,289 posts, read 938,844 times
Buy gold

Old 11-09-2016, 04:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
The city is so quiet tonight. In Wholefoods tonight, we noticed everyone had their eyes down , not looking very happy at all.

I felt like the solitary Trump supporter among the masses. Everyone I spoke with had nothing but disdain for Trump.

We just opened a celebratory bottle of Chateau Lynch-Bages for tonight and will sleep a little later.

How about you , did you secretly vote for Trump , or always felt Hillary had your vote not matter what
well I will make you feel like you are not alone: my brother and his wife, live in northern Ca. in a very small town, they were celebrating I am sure, as was my niece in So.Ca who had a big party and hoped she would be drinking to some changes in our country: I am sure she did her share. We also had lots of friends in the San Gabriel Valley that celebrated.

As for the market, yep, it appears it well be sick for at least awhile, but good news, it went up big time on Monday, like we all know; so this isn't the end of the world. It will correct itself as long as we all sit tight and don't panic.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:41 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
I'm so glad Trump won, the media and Clinton supporters mocked Trump supporters saying we have no chance. Heck, even in this forum people portrayed this arrogant cockiness attitude too. Michael Moore was right after all and he tried to warn his base, but people didn't take him serious.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:57 AM

1,795 posts, read 1,879,031 times
I knew Trump was going to win when blacks Latinos and Asians I knew were voting for him, not all of them but Trump winning some minorities was key

Old 11-09-2016, 07:08 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
I knew Trump was going to win when blacks Latinos and Asians I knew were voting for him, not all of them but Trump winning some minorities was key
My GF and I are Asian and voted for him. This is a wake up call for elites and the political establishment.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:20 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,457,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The question now is how long before Trump crashes the economy.
Sometime next week the Second Great Depression will start. The Holiday shopping season may be the worst in history.

I'm more concerned about secession movements. The U.S. is in the breakup stage that the Soviet Union was in the '80s. Putin found a Yeltsin in Trump. He will oversee the division of the United States of America as the last president. The blue states that touch Canada will try to join the Confederation and the red South will form the Confederacy again. (The Dylann Roof backlash against CSA-anna was only a temporary reprieve.)

Quote:
At any rate, I've already made defensive preparation so it was good to be prepared.
I'm thinking about immigrating. America is now a third-world banana republic with stolen (Remember Bernie?) and unreliable (Diebold's default settings are always Republican candidates) elections. Why did Trump insinuate that America ever sucked with his slogan? America never sucks (until now, it was unpatriotic to even insinuate such a thing!!!), until the electorate agreed yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland