Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 03:26 PM

4,032 posts, read 4,469,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The SF neighborhood that Trump did the best in was Parkmerced, although he did poorly everywhere in The City and did not win a single precinct. There were Trump precincts in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties.
I wonder who the Trump voters in Park Merced were? Isn't that mostly SF State students, and some Chinese immigrants.

I looked at the data for Santa Clara and San Matero, and ironically one of the Trump tracks in near Woodside and Portola were the tech elites live who you would think despise Trump. The other ones are the hills near Milipitas, and between San Jose and Morgan Hill. Contra Costa hasn't came out yet. It will be interesting to see how well he did in places like Danville, Alamo, and Clayton which are full of Country Club Republican types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
A lot of the Doctors I work with are Republican and vote Democrat...

They said funding for social services suffers when Republicans are in charge.

It use to be different when the Bay Area had a large Defense Industry... remember hearing the adults talk how the Republicans are strong on defense so they would vote that way.

I guess I would best describe myself as a Libertarian... but if I were to only look at job security it would be Democrat... each new Air, Water, Waste regulation, law, etc. is job security...

It does get kind of crazy when there are multiple governmental agencies with overlapping jurisdiction... I use to be surprised when one agency didn't have a clue as to what their counterparts do...

Again, job security... but the engineer side of me still has a problem seeing the waste or resources and the difference is stark in my 25 year tenure without regard to cost... and many wonder why hospital costs continue to rise.
Trump is less hostile to social safety nets and infrastructure spending than generic Republicans.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:51 PM

http://sf.curbed.com/2016/11/9/13578...-san-francisco

Old 11-16-2016, 11:32 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,817,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
Trump is less hostile to social safety nets and infrastructure spending than generic Republicans.
yes....

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/us...=top-news&_r=0

Old 11-17-2016, 01:36 AM

3,247 posts, read 6,305,755 times
Quote:
I wonder who the Trump voters in Park Merced were? Isn't that mostly SF State students, and some Chinese immigrants.
Maybe SF State students from Orange County.

Quote:
ironically one of the Trump tracks in near Woodside and Portola were the tech elites live who you would think despise Trump.
Those tech elites will save many millions in taxes under the Trump tax plan!

Old 11-19-2016, 10:33 AM

Alameda County cane out. Trump lost all the major cities including Livermore, which I would assume still has some white middle class people left. However he did win the rural areas to the north and south of Livermore, which are ranchers. Trump also one the area West of Dublin, and Sunol. When Contra Costa comes out do you think he will win the Wealthier parts or just Brentwood and Oakley? Trump may will more of the Bay Area in 2020. Not SF but atleast Contra Costa, when he establishes himself as a centrist pragmatist.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:21 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Over 30% of my neighborhood voted for him according to that map. It's almost a mirror of the State as a whole, 33%.

Old 01-01-2017, 09:16 PM

California neighborhood election results: Did your precinct vote to elect Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump? - Los Angeles Times

I am looking at the updated results. Contra Costa County was added. Hillary even one in places that have traditionally been Republican such as Central Contra Costa County in towns such as Danville and Clayton. Trump only one in Discovery Bay which is basically the Central Valley.He also won a small census track in a rural area NW of Pleasant Hill and the Tassajara Valley, ranchers I guess. I think it's probably because that area is more Asian now, but it could also be SF White yuppies moving to the suburbs. That's been an overal trend in affluence suburbs nation wide, such as Orange County and many of the wealthy San Diego suburbs such as Del Mar.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:12 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,150,706 times
Wow, I didn't know he one in that many places.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:03 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,014,689 times
Basically Trump support was highest in the 925. Big surprise, LOL.

This is why I always called the Caldecott tunnel the "culture cut" tunnel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland