Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,128 times

Advertisements

So I went to Livermore Outlets where the parking lot is always packed and ppl would double park with emergency lights on waiting for someone to leave. I happened to follow some shoppers to their car and it was coincidentally right in front of a truck stopped waiting for a spot even though he had no blinkers on at the time. I actually put my signal on before he put his on and highbeamed me, as he was "obviously" waiting for a spot already. I just let him have it, not wanting a potential confrontation with a bigass truck, but who should've taken that space, even assuming he had his blinkers up the whole time?

Is it just a matter of being first to signal and call out a spot? EG. someone is double parking and a spot opens a few cars away, but someone closer starts signaling, the double parker shouldn't be entitled to that spot, right?

Right after the above scene with the truck, I signaled left for another spot, being the first one. A teenager going the opposite way, and adjacent to that spot, signaled right. He then turned right in front of me to back into the spot. /shrug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 05:50 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,324,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biomanz View Post
So I went to Livermore Outlets where the parking lot is always packed and ppl would double park with emergency lights on waiting for someone to leave. I happened to follow some shoppers to their car and it was coincidentally right in front of a truck stopped waiting for a spot even though he had no blinkers on at the time. I actually put my signal on before he put his on and highbeamed me, as he was "obviously" waiting for a spot already. I just let him have it, not wanting a potential confrontation with a bigass truck, but who should've taken that space, even assuming he had his blinkers up the whole time?

Is it just a matter of being first to signal and call out a spot? EG. someone is double parking and a spot opens a few cars away, but someone closer starts signaling, the double parker shouldn't be entitled to that spot, right?

Right after the above scene with the truck, I signaled left for another spot, being the first one. A teenager going the opposite way, and adjacent to that spot, signaled right. He then turned right in front of me to back into the spot. /shrug
The Bay Area has no etiquette, dog eat dog. You best start taking some initiative for parking spots

Old 02-12-2018, 06:32 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,042,421 times
I knew a guy who would let the air out of the tires of cars that blatantly cut him off (zipped in and 'stole' a parking place) , after the drivers left the vehicle.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:48 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,986,281 times
Wow. Trolling has become quite detailed.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:36 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,454,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
I knew a guy who would let the air out of the tires of cars that blatantly cut him off (zipped in and 'stole' a parking place) , after the drivers left the vehicle.
Same here, he’d put a little pebble under the cap on the valve stem and it would release the air on its own.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:25 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,109,454 times
Not worth the headache.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:46 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,098,075 times
There's only one rule for proper parking lot etiquette: Don't be an a**hole.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:35 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,940,258 times
I keyed someone's car for doing something similar. To be fair, I confronted the person and told them I would do something to their car if they don't back out for stealing the spot. The person swore at me and walked to the outlet and I keyed the crap out of his car. I'm not proud of it, but I was young and foolish at the time, but part of me thinks he never tried doing that crap again.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:57 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times
I go to the farthest area of a parking lot and can usually find a space there. It's not worth the headache trying to get one of the close spots. I swear, you end up in the store faster, too. Plus, the exercise is good for you.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:03 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,521,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biomanz View Post
So I went to Livermore Outlets where the parking lot is always packed and ppl would double park with emergency lights on waiting for someone to leave. I happened to follow some shoppers to their car and it was coincidentally right in front of a truck stopped waiting for a spot even though he had no blinkers on at the time. I actually put my signal on before he put his on and highbeamed me, as he was "obviously" waiting for a spot already. I just let him have it<>
I don't mind the walk, considering some of the car on car battles I've seen on youtube. I start looking around the edges and get into the store, walking past people waiting like you described. It's the same stupidity of people sitting in line at fast food for drive thru. Meanwhile I park, go in, get my food, and leave while they are still in line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland