Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2018, 10:18 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Exactly. Here's an analysis of how effective all of the arrests of the homeless were in reducing the number of homeless on the streets in SF.

]
You know your constant specificities in responses, actually explaining things with verifiable statistics and links, especially to law enforcement ... is getting really annoying, right? Christ! Can’t you just let people pi** and moan and vilify and rant without deflating their whining balloons!

Rhetorical question, of course ... but dang it! This is an anonymous public forum! It’s not supposed to be actually, you know, informative!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 11:05 AM

872 posts, read 596,357 times
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...t-13291361.php
YES!!!
Time to get them safe and off the streets! The excons too! Time to stop this mess and take the power and money away from those that insist on making money off this human tragedy. We are already paying WAAAAY to much and getting nothing but disgusting conditions- the money is lining bank accounts - NO MORE MONEY - let's get folks in there with a heart to mange the money more considerately and help get these vagrants and mentally ill off the Streets and public places ASAP! Jail time is a great iea for those that have bilked the taxpayers and tortured the "homeless" during the obama presidency.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:06 AM

Please remember vote NO! on props 1 and 2! These are typical, despicable money stealing propositions- over 16 billion dollars to throw into the elite back accounts with interest totaling over 32 billion! Money better spent on getting the excon vagrants and mentally ill back into secured facilities where they have a chance for care and hope- as usual.. it's lots of money gone and nothing will get better - fluffy feel good language with NEGATIVE results from the libs. ...they have lots of money now and its getting worse and worse and worse--NOW lets cut off off and boot em out!
NO on props 1 and 2 !! YES on prop 6 ---- Yes on John Cox!!

Old 10-14-2018, 12:06 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
Great article for anyone who's in denial of how important it is to get these folks off of the street and into mental hospitals.

Quote:
Q: If you were mayor for six months, what would you do to make a real impact on these issues?

A: I’m almost positive I can’t take it. I hate meetings with a passion. But I would double the number of inpatient beds, and I would keep people longer. I would reinstate some form of the state hospital system.

What I find fascinating is that 90 percent of the patients at Napa State Hospital are penitentiary patients. People have to get deep into the criminal justice system to get that long-term psychiatric care. ***Isn’t that crazy?*** And those patients are twice as expensive as the civilly committed. The bureaucratic challenges are unbelievable. I don’t ever want to be mayor.
CA government is incompetent in dealing with the mentally ill and drug addicts. The voters who put them in office really have no clue what it's going to take to deal with this mess.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:17 PM

We have more than a clue now! They have been exposed as slaveholders and the obama years has made a fortune on the backs of the taxpayers and at cost of human lives, souls, and community. This has ONLY gotten worse at their greedy hands- we see what they have done.

Greed has forced the excons and mentally ill out of the facilities where they need to be (and should be to get care) and into the public places to collect tax dollars for the elite "plantation owners' like cotton- expensive human misery.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
We have more than a clue now! They have been exposed as slaveholders and the obama years has made a fortune on the backs of the taxpayers and at cost of human lives, souls, and community. This has ONLY gotten worse at their greedy hands- we see what they have done.

Greed has forced the excons and mentally ill out of the facilities where they need to be (and should be to get care) and into the public places to collect tax dollars like cotton- expensive human misery.
Interesting how a state such as TX that has no state income tax can provide services for the mentally ill.

I've never in my 44 years of living in Houston observed a crazed and deranged homeless person walking around screaming at the top of their lungs at an imaginary friend. I'v never seen human excrement on DT streets or sidewalks, I've never seen discarded drug needles all over the place, I've never seen homeless camps the size of what I've seen in the Bay Area on public property.

Texas Health and Human Services

Why do some of the CA bleeding hearts claim that CA has cash issues in helping these folks? Where is all tax money we they collect going? I look around and see 3rd world streets and roads here in the Bay Area, I see filth and homeless camps everywhere I look, I see the fire damage and graffiti and holes cut in public fences, bike chop shops, needles and feces on the streets but yet CA voters think the state does not have the cash to deal with these nuances? I call BS on that.

Houston does not collect a tax and is much larger than SF (Houston is the 4th largest city in the US), but yet you don't see these issues in Houston anywhere near the magnitude you see in SF.

Why do you suppose this is?????

Old 10-14-2018, 12:41 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Great article for anyone who's in denial of how important it is to get these folks off of the street and into mental hospitals.

CA government is incompetent in dealing with the mentally ill and drug addicts. The voters who put them in office really have no clue what it's going to take to deal with this mess.
Send the article to the authorities and courts. Maybe they’ll see your light? Too bad they don’t have all your insight!

Old 10-14-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Send the article to the authorities and courts. Maybe they’ll see your light? Too bad they don’t have all your insight!
Doubtful it would make a difference since they clearly have not seen the light or the insight. Take a good look around...you think they care?

Houston does not collect a state income tax and is much larger than SF (Houston is the 4th largest city in the US), but yet you don't see these issues in Houston anywhere near the magnitude you see in SF.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:48 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Interesting how a state such as TX that has no state income tax can provide services for the mentally ill.

I've never in my 44 years of living in Houston observed a crazed and deranged homeless person walking around screaming at the top of their lungs at an imaginary friend. I'v never seen human excrement on DT streets or sidewalks, I've never seen discarded drug needles all over the place, I've never seen homeless camps the size of what I've seen in the Bay Area on public property.

Texas Health and Human Services

Why do some of the CA bleeding hearts claim that CA has cash issues in helping these folks? Where is all tax money we they collect going? I look around and see 3rd world streets and roads here in the Bay Area, I see filth and homeless camps everywhere I look, I see the fire damage and graffiti and holes cut in public fences, bike chop shops, needles and feces on the streets but yet CA voters think the state does not have the cash to deal with these nuances? I call BS on that.

Houston does not collect a tax and is much larger than SF (Houston is the 4th largest city in the US), but yet you don't see these issues in Houston anywhere near the magnitude you see in SF.

I think we all know why this is. I thought it was interesting when the Dr , who's worked in the trenches 25 years, said SF attracts many people from out of the area when some people on here shove down our throats statistics that most homeless and mentally ill are local residents.... hmmmm

Old 10-14-2018, 12:55 PM

The CA "public servants" and advocates have the taxpayers money and a wandering army of poor people forced out into the streets to help the greedy ones steal more money- that's ALL they want - OBVIOUSLY -that is the past and present for all to experience! Secured and supervised institutions for vagrants and mentally ill and a conservative government (which works for ALL of the people) would mean an end to the money train for a LOT of the elite....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland