Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2019, 08:20 PM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

So. Do. You. Get. It. Now? I am not avoiding liveaboard fees by sneaking around. What I do is completely allowed by the marinas. And I am not the only one doing this.

You are a very odd individual. I enjoy some of your posts. I marvel at your oddness in others, often. Effing bizarre. But funny bizarre pretty much. So enjoy.
One thing I find bizarre - your lengthy posts to continuously explain and defend (and add details to) your lack of live-aboard status anywhere while openly acknowledging you do, in fact, live aboard and are ‘independently wealthy’. You had originally said it was here which is why it has come up in this (and other SF/homeless threads). It was not me who said you were homeless; I, in fact, defended you. That being said, if it’s not the Bay Area, where do you now consider your home base to be?

I don’t take posts as personally as you nor do I even notice (or try to categorize/assess) specific posters (though I do learn quickly those who are not worth reading ‘at all’). Heh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
By the way, also worth remarking that you sure don’t seem to know much about marinas and stay aboard policies ... or that liveaboard fees at marinas that allow living aboard are sometimes as much as double standard berthing. The way I move around, it doesn’t make any sense to keep a full time liveaboard slip.

As for how cheap I live for a guy with money? How do you think an enlisted Navy airman / blue-collar printer became wealthy? While most people are paying their mortgages, I lived cheap and invested in gold. Lots of ways to skin a cat, Cowboy.
Not worth remarking. I don’t have live-aboard status because I don’t live on my sailboat -lol. So I can’t speak for what it costs everywhere, because it does not apply to me. I can, however, state what it costs in my marina (and a few others in the Bay Area) - and it is not double. It’s about 20-30% higher (and it also depends on the facilities as well as how metered electricity is billed). Your insurance rates would increase, too. Most larger marinas do offer it (it’s impossible to miss, btw, signing off on policy when anchoring elsewhere via a guest slip) - but it’s always very limited (often to 5%). I know a guy who has been on a waiting list for six months; it’s not easy to come by in the Bay Area. Condition of the boat is a factor, too.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:53 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
One thing I find bizarre - your lengthy posts to continuously explain and defend (and add details to) your lack of live-aboard status anywhere while openly acknowledging you do, in fact, live aboard and are ‘independently wealthy’. You had originally said it was here which is why it has come up in this (and other SF/homeless threads). It was not me who said you were homeless; I, in fact, defended you. That being said, if it’s not the Bay Area, where do you now consider your home base to be?

I don’t take posts as personally as you nor do I even notice (or try to categorize/assess) specific posters (though I do learn quickly those who are not worth reading ‘at all’). Heh.
My “lengthy posts” are answering your questions / comments that border on the absurd. You are apparently fascinated with trying to dissect my lifestyle ... so I am indulging you, bubba.

Yes, I live aboard. And yes, I have a nice net worth. And yes, you have some strange obsession with what fees I pay / or don’t.

Marina liveaboard fees don’t pertain to people who live aboard their boats but don’t stay in the slip full time. It’s that simple. Living aboard one’s boat doesn’t make that person a liveaboard tenant unless they occupy a slip full time.

You questioned how and why I skirted fees. I explained, I don’t. Now you know. Time for you to find a new rodeo, cowboy.

Bizarre.

Oh btw ... here’s a link to Blue Water Yacht Harbor in Sausalito:
http://bluewateryachtharbor.com/wp-c...-Fees-2019.pdf

You can look up their slip fees. A boat the size of mine is a bit less than the monthly liveaboard fee. Thus, if I lived aboard there, my cost would more than double. Like I said. Just one example. Of many.

Last edited by Tulemutt; 06-18-2019 at 11:01 PM..

Old 06-18-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:

Yes, I live aboard. And yes, I have a nice net worth. And yes, you have some strange obsession wih what fees I pay / or don’t.

Marina liveaboard fees don’t pertain to people who live aboard their boats but don’t stay in the slip full time. It’s that simple. Living aboard one’s boat doesn’t make that person a liveaboard tenant unless they occupy a slip full time.
Actually, that’s incorrect - liveaboard can be established in a variety of ways on a monthly or nights accumulated basis in which the person sleeps on the boat (per policy); you are confusing a monthly rental vs. guest slip guidelines. No one stays in any slip ‘full-time’ (as the whole point of sailing is to leave haha) so obviously that would be a preposterous way to gauge it. That said, I don’t care about your alleged net worth (no matter how many times you state it) or what fees you don’t pay. Where is your home base, if it’s not the Bay Area after all?

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 06-18-2019 at 11:20 PM..

Old 06-18-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Actually, that’s incorrect - liveaboard can be established in a variety of ways on a monthly (per policy); you are confusing a monthly rental vs. guest slip rentals. No one stays in any slip ‘full-time’ (as the whole point of sailing is to leave haha) so obviously that would be a preposterous way to gauge it. That said, I don’t care about your net worth (no matter how many times you say it) or what fees you don’t pay. Where is your home base, if it’s not the Bay Area after all?

Your first sentence (bolded) makes no sense. I’m not confusing anything. And you have no idea what you are talking about. “Full time” marina tenancy doesn’t mean you never leave the dock. It means you maintain a slip full time, whether your boat is in it or not. My boat is out of my Morro Bay slip most of the time. Yet I pay monthly same as if it was there. Thus I am a “full time tenant” ... and I live aboard my boat but as I am not continuously in the slip, I am not classed as a “liveaboard”.

You obviously don’t really have a boat in a marina. Maybe in your bathtub.

San Diego is home base for the past 5 years. But I am no place even close to 50% of the time.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:26 PM

Here’s another liveaboard fee that’s double, Cowboy. I can do this over and over for you demonstrating that your “20%-30%” liveaboard fee claim is bs in the Bay (and SD and many other cities). Just stick with what you know, is my advice ... since you like advice-giving

Quote:
Jack London Square Marina:
Size: Monthly Rate*
30′ $322.00
36′ $442.00
36′ $338.00 (Single Finger)
40′ $510.00
40′ $359.00 (Single Finger)
45′ $600.00
45′ $459.00 (Single Finger)
50′ $678.00

End Ties
(PLF) $15.45 PLF./Mo.

BASIC RATE: Rent is for the berth based on size of the slip indicated,
including up to 3’ permitted overhang.

GUEST BERTHS: All vessels: $1.50 per foot, per day – minimum $45.00.
$25.00 refundable card deposit.

PERFORMANCE FEE: Equal to one (1) month basic slip rate: +$50.00 (up tp 30’),
+ $100.00 (30′ & 44’), + $150.00 (45’ & up).

CARD KEY LICENSE FEE: The first two cards are free; all others all others are $25.00 each,
Non-refundable.

LIVEABOARD CHARGES: Available only on 35’ boats and larger.
$325.00/month, in addition to slip fees.
No pets.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:33 PM

Wow, you are the one who doesn’t know what you are talking about. Maintaining a slip full-time does not mean live aboard. I have a slip (and pay a monthly fee), but I don’t live on board because I live in a home. It’s not anything to do with the amount of nights my sailboat is docked in its slip - it’s the amount of nights I would be sleeping in it while it’s here (or using metered electricity/facilities which are monitored via key). This is so far off-topic, it only applied originally because other posters had indicated you were homeless. The fact you have to attack me on a personal level says it all (or have to google prices instead of just knowing what fees you pay/don’t pay. You are too caught up in trying to prove yourself (which is odd, especially because you think I’m odd). Why, then, make the effort to answer my doubt in such length and detail?

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 06-18-2019 at 11:53 PM..

Old 06-18-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Wow, you are the one who doesn’t know what you are talking about. Maintaining a slip full-time does not mean live aboard. I have a slip (and pay a monthly fee), but I don’t live on board because I live in a home. It’s not anything to do with the amount of nights my sailboat is docked in its slip - it’s the amount of nights I would be sleeping in it while it’s here (or using metered electricity/facilities which are monitored via key). This is so far off-topic, it only applied originally because other posters had indicated you were homeless. The fact you have to attack me on a personal level says it all.
Bizarre. I never said maintaining a slip full time means live aboard. Where the hell did you pull that out from? Meanwhile, my links make my point and demonstrate you are clueless. You don’t have any boat in a marina or anywhere, hoss.

Are you drinking tonight? Seriously. Your posts read completely whacko.

Old 06-18-2019, 11:44 PM

Meanwhile, back to the real homeless ... not people who live aboard their boats ...

Old 06-19-2019, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Bizarre. I never said maintaining a slip full time means live aboard. Where the hell did you pull that out from? Meanwhile, my links make my point and demonstrate you are clueless. You don’t have any boat in a marina or anywhere, hoss.

Are you drinking tonight? Seriously. Your posts read completely whacko.
I do have a sailboat - the difference between you and I, however, is I will not post diatribes and google marinas/post links in order to try to convince you of that. Your opinion is meaningless ( and not worth my time). I do understand this situation now, completely - so I’m glad I asked. That was easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland