Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 09:11 AM

21,727 posts, read 16,334,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJonesIII View Post
Oh this conversation was over many posts ago as you can't supply a single thread of evidence proving that a lower income person would have as hard a time renting or buying a home in Dallas vs one of the major metropolitan areas of CA. I'm just having a good laugh watching you try and dance your way out of what was a flawed and stupid premise from the start. Clearly you're not a numbers guy.
Umm. Reading your exchange with some amusement. Aside from the thread title specifying “Affordable housing”, I re read the OP’s opening comment and affirmed his op link, as below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Low income households make up the majority of Californians moving to TX, now it's getting to expensive there as well...
https://www.bisnow.com/dallas-ft-wor...ac-2-89522#ath
Key words right from the start here: Affordable; low-income households; majority of Californians moving ...

Hard to let go of a bone even when there’s no meat on it? Every link montclair has supplied supports the thread premise originally made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 09:18 AM

1,203 posts, read 835,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Umm. Reading your exchange with some amusement. Aside from the thread title specifying “Affordable housing”, I re read the OP’s opening comment and affirmed his op link, as below:

Key words right from the start here: Affordable; low-income households; majority of Californians moving ...

Hard to let go of a bone even when there’s no meat on it? Every link montclair has supplied supports the thread premise originally made.
Uh huh, and the dollar amounts he posted in his links I took and showed how that would equate to Dallas. Try reading a little before spewing your hogwash. I get tired of your word salad too.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Uh huh, and the dollar amounts he posted in his links I took and showed how that would equate to Dallas. Try reading a little before spewing your hogwash. I get tired of your word salad too.
There’s no question but that montclair’s point is well made and well documented. The sourcing is unimpeachable and clear as a bell.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
There’s no question but that montclair’s point is well made and well documented. The sourcing is unimpeachable and clear as a bell.
Sure thing Mutt

Old 07-11-2018, 09:26 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times
If you look at the OP's article it links to the report which is based off census and metro area income data. Not sure why someone is so hell bent on thinking their "basic math" on a paper napkin analysis holds so much more weight and is more accurate than an in-depth study and analysis with real, verified data.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:27 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Thank you.

I just think we're arguing 2 different points.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Thank you.

Your point would have been fine if you simply didn't put in the CA metros and tried to compare them with Dallas. As there is no comparison.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Thank you.

Yes. That’s obvious to me (and, I suspect, to other readers, as well). Difference being that your point is the thread premise.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Yes. That’s obvious to me (and, I suspect, to other readers, as well). Difference being that your point is the thread premise.
lol yup.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Your point would have been fine if you simply didn't put in the CA metros and tried to compare them with Dallas. As there is no comparison.
Incorrect. Housing for low income renters is in very short supply and getting worse in both places.

That's a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland