Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:13 PM

8 posts, read 56,233 times

Advertisements

Can someone give me some advice as to the areas that these developments are in?

Contra]Could not find file "D:\www\root\theolsonco\theolsonco.com(.net)\txtfi les\County\metadata\ContraCosta]Contra_title.txt". (http://www.olsonhomes.com/find/county.aspx?county=ContraCosta - broken link) Costa County Homes | The Olson Company

and

http://www.kbhome.com/Map~RegionID~10.aspx]KBHome (broken link) California – New KB Homes in Northern California

I'm trying to find places with decent sq footage and under $500,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 01:18 PM

15,641 posts, read 26,273,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpinsky33 View Post
Can someone give me some advice as to the areas that these developments are in?

Contra]Could not find file "D:\www\root\theolsonco\theolsonco.com(.net)\txtfi les\County\metadata\ContraCosta]Contra_title.txt". (http://www.olsonhomes.com/find/county.aspx?county=ContraCosta - broken link) Costa County Homes | The Olson Company

and

http://www.kbhome.com/Map~RegionID~10.aspx]KBHome (broken link) California – New KB Homes in Northern California

I'm trying to find places with decent sq footage and under $500,000.
Your second link to KB homes was broken -- so nothing came up. The first link is to all the homes in the Bay Area -- what specific area were you interested in?

Old 01-30-2008, 01:29 PM

KBHome California – New KB Homes in Northern California

Sorry I will try the KB home link again.

I will be working on Market St. really close to the BART stop, so I would prefer something that I can take the BART from, but I can easily do CALTRAIN if I can find a better house on the other side of the bay. I'm really interested in how the areas are around the Garden Walk, Villiage Walk, and Mariner Walk. I know there are good and bad areas in each of these cities (San Lorenzo, Hayward, and Pittsburg). Since I'm not in the area, I don't know if I'm getting dupped by nice websites.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:18 PM

18 posts, read 95,553 times
You may want to consider Lennar Homes, as well. Lennar is building new single family homes near Downtown Concord and walking distance to the BART station. The Lennar website is

Centre Pointe At Concord in Concord New Homes by Lennar (http://www.lennar.com/CA/SanFrancisco/CentrePointeAtConcord.html - broken link)

I am not any way affiliated with Lennar but I like the area because it is close to everything. You are a skip and hop away from downtown SF. Plus, Concord is in the midst of revitilizing its downtown center. A lot of new restaurants and stores are popping out within walking distance of the new Lennar community. All the conveniences are just a few blocks away (there's a Safeway and Longs Drugs are about one block away).

PLUS, the home have SOLAR power. A budget saver for those hot summers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpinsky33 View Post
KBHome California – New KB Homes in Northern California

Sorry I will try the KB home link again.

I will be working on Market St. really close to the BART stop, so I would prefer something that I can take the BART from, but I can easily do CALTRAIN if I can find a better house on the other side of the bay. I'm really interested in how the areas are around the Garden Walk, Villiage Walk, and Mariner Walk. I know there are good and bad areas in each of these cities (San Lorenzo, Hayward, and Pittsburg). Since I'm not in the area, I don't know if I'm getting dupped by nice websites.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:33 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,175,637 times
The area just south of the Centre Pointe is borderline ghetto but you can ride your bike to Taqueria Los Gallos Express which has good food and an awesome burrito which is a big bonus.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:45 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,355,773 times

Old 01-30-2008, 05:43 PM

Hmnn. Interesting. Why did you say that it's borderline ghetto? I haven't seen any problems with the area. Plus the police station is just a 2 min drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
The area just south of the Centre Pointe is borderline ghetto but you can ride your bike to Taqueria Los Gallos Express which has good food and an awesome burrito which is a big bonus.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:20 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,175,637 times
When we were looking at houses across from BART we saw a few homeless and a dispute in the middle of the street (on Prospect) during a weekday. It gave a less than desirable impression. My FIL, who grew up in the area, was with us and he remarked that the area had really gone downhill over the years. Given his low standards that doesn't say much. We may have come by on some bad days and ghetto might be harsh (there are worse neighborhoods) but it was enough for us to pass on that area.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
I know they are cookie cutter, but at my price range you can get more house for your money if you don't mind that aspect.

ImRandy and Gr33nArcher thanks for the help.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:11 PM

I was looking at several areas before buying a house and I never had that experience with this neighborhood. Living nearby a BART station has its pros and cons. For the most part, that area of Clayton Road is not sketchy at all. I checked with the Concord PD and the crime stats in the area is not bad. Mostly crime in the BART parking area.

Your Father-In-Law might have seen better days but with all the developments going on in Downtown Concord, the best might be yet to come. Of course, that's just the optimist in me =)

To the original poster, good luck on your search. I hope you do check out Centre Pointe. Just based on what you originally posted, it might fit your needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland