Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 06:05 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,475,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyadhi01 View Post
Yeah, you had pull up an unfortunate incident that happened 10 years back in the woods of east Texas to make your point.
Just like you had to reach for a recent, short string of highly publicized incidents and blow them out of proportion. I didn't even have to look anything up to bring up that horrific, gruesome Texas incident; that was just off memory. And you were the one who chose to bring up minorities being mistreated, so don't get mad when someone is just playing the same game you're playing here, troll.

Quote:
FYI, the town where this happened had an african american mayor at that time. So clearly most people in the town did not have a problem voting for a black man!
FYI, San Francisco had an African American mayor at that time too! Ever hear of Willie Brown?? I think you're trying to convince yourself more than me that Texas isn't backwards. Lol.

Quote:
And of course you conveniently forget that it was only last new year BART police shot and killed an unarmed black man in the back which resulted in a mini riot in Oakland! I am not even getting into all the other racial tensions that exist in other parts of CA because if you read the news then you know So Cal has international notoriety when it comes racial tension.
LMAO how did I "conveniently forget" anything??? When did you bring it up to me and I acted like I didn't know? You're having delusions of grandeur!

And what does Oakland have to do with this?? You were talking about THE CITY OF SF in what I responded to, specifically directing your hatred to it and not the rest of the Bay. Don't just "conveniently" try and change it up to find more mud to fling. You made an idiotic statement implying that SFPD would be unfair to minorities, which is hilarious when you're coming from a racist state that voted a borderline drooling vegetable into office. Lol please!

And if you want to talk about who "conveniently is forgetting things," maybe you should go back and look at some of our earlier correspondence where YOU conveniently forgot to acknowledge facts EVERY TIME you were PROVEN wrong.

Quote:
So let me educate you by laying out the facts:
Facts this time, huh? This should be a welcome change coming from you lol.

Quote:
1. The black population is way higher in TX compared to CA. if you know history you would know that the south has a large black population.
Thanks for that. In other news, concrete is hard.

I don't need to know history to know that much; its pretty much just common sense. Regardless, I know current events and have looked at demographics, so yes, you are correct.

Quote:
2. Dallas and Houston has much higher % of hispanic and black population compared to SF (the demographics is like more like Oakland with lower % of asian) and these two cities are also known for very low level of residential segregation. The black population in Dallas alone is almost as large as the entire city of Oakland.
Okay.....

Quote:
WRONG! The black population has declined in SF over a 30-40 year period, and it was never very large to begin with. And the majority of that population has moved to other parts of Northern CA, most particularly Pittsburg, Antioch, Stockton and Sac. But nice try with that little "fact."

Quote:
4. BTW, where do you think the bulk of Katrina victims (largely black) went. Definitely not in the bay area. They mostly settled in Houston/Dallas and the Texans took good care of them while FEMA didn't. I am sure the folks here profusely whine about the poor response to Katrina but have not done anything meaningful other than whining. Most people I know in Dallas went out of their way to help the flood of Katrina victims that moved to Dallas.
What does this have to do with ANYTHING?? Texas BORDERS Louisiana, of course the majority of them should have gone there!! DUH!

And FYI, there actually was a good amount of Katrina victims that came out here and were helped. I was really surprised that they needed to travel all the way out here from 3 time zones away in order to receive some help; I guess Texas didn't do a good enough job. So so much for your little theory.

Not that this is relevant to anything other than you trying to convince yourself that Texas doesn't hate black people. What a moronic point to even bring up.

Quote:
5. Ask any hispanic person which state has the strongest anti-immigrant sentiment? You got it, it is CA. Which state has the most culturally integrated large hispanic population. Any guess? Heck even George Bush spoke spanish!
LOL I don't think so! Again with your bogus BS that you claim as "facts."

You want strong anti-immigrant sentiment? Explain why a study in Houston showed a 50% increase in exactly that in 2008. Yeah, nice try.

Anti Immigration Sentiment up 50 percent in Houston, Texas with video - Kick! Making Politics Funny - A liberal dose of political comedy

Why don't you go ahead and "ask any hispanic person" and see what they say? I doubt their answer would be either Texas or California. But this is going off track so much I don't even know why you're bringing it up. YOU implied that SFPD was racist while you're coming from a state where I have personally known people from all colors to complain of major racism. You're fighting an uphill battle here, and its pointless.

Quote:
I am sure the folks here profusely whine about the poor response to Katrina but have not done anything meaningful other than whining. Most people I know in Dallas went out of their way to help the flood of Katrina victims that moved to Dallas.
AGAIN, why are you even bringing up Katrina?? And you can (and obviously will ) believe whatever you want, but Katrina victims came ALL THE WAY out here and received help too, so what?? What a ridiculous thing to fixate on TWICE NOW. But FYI, folks here don't really even talk about Katrina a whole lot now; its kinda been 4 1/2 years already. When we did, however, there was "meaningful" action taken, even though it wouldn't have really fallen on us to be their saviors seeing as we're not even in the same region. Why couldn't Texas handle the whole job anyway?? Doesn't seem to me like this should be a source of pride for you, no matter how misinformed you may have been. Way to point to what you imagine btw when you're supposedly giving a list of "facts." (Remember that??)

Quote:
6. One of the most popular mayor of Dallas was black, police chief was black until recently. Dallas county sheriff is a hispanic/lesbian woman. The mayor of the fourth largest city with 3 times the population of SF, i.e. Houston, TX has a lesbian mayor. SF, as expected, has a control-freak yuppie mayor who likes to lecture everyone about how to live their life.

Are you seriously this clueless?? During the time when two rednecks were committing the most heinous racist hate crime in recent memory against a black man in Texas, SF had a black mayor, a Chinese-American Chief of Police and an openly gay city supervisor!

And its not like this was anything new. Ever hear of the movie "Milk?" You know that film that got nominated for Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Director and Best Screenplay at the Oscars last year?? Maybe you should think about renting it b/c its about Harvey Milk, the first openly gay man elected to public office in CA BACK IN 1978!! Welcome to the 70's in your progressiveness, Texas! LMAO!

Quote:
So which state look more progressive when it comes racial and social issues?
Read my responses and you'll have your answer, you poor lost soul.

Quote:
As ignorant you are about the world outside of your SF bubble
LOL you're so ignorant you don't even comprehend the world INSIDE the SF bubble, let alone outside. You're the one who can't get their head around an older city not appearing like an upstart Sunbelt city. Talk about a provincial mentality! Please seek some help.

Quote:
you are even suggesting that Texas is bad for African Americans.
Hey I'm just responding in kind to your implication of SFPD being racist. Texas (and the South in general) is synonymous with racism, so you're not in a position to be casting any stones. Not like facts like these have stopped you at any point before though. You're the type of person who would drive a Gremlin and make fun of a guy driving a Pinto.

Quote:
I am not saying SF is bad or Texas is trouble-free. But the OP suggested that TX is so socially/culturally backward that her only option is to move. That is a flat out ridiculous statement!
Umm, YES YOU ARE!!! I think you need to consult your schizophrenia-induced second personality to review what you've already said, but you've made it abundantly clear that you think SF is bad. Or that your life is a "living hell" here, and according to you Texas can do no wrong. Are you unable to comprehend the version of English you've been using to communicate on here?? Your delusions are eerie.

Last edited by jman650; 01-14-2010 at 07:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Sorry about injecting some humor in this serious discussion but the following piece of satire is kind of real:
#91 San Francisco « Stuff White People Like

The South park episode called 'Smug alert" kind of captures the attitude displayed by 'jman650' as well:
Smug Alert! - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia!

Hey this things get into popular culture for a reason. Dont they?
Ah yes, gotta love "humor!" Want a little bit more to laugh hilariously at (hahaha)?

"As of the 2006 US Census estimates, the racial distribution in Texas are as follows: 71.5% White American, 11.6% African American, 3.3% are Asian American, 0.6% are American Indian, and 13% are of Some other Race (presumably Mestizo)."

Demographics of Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sounds to me like Texas LOVES white people almost double the amount SF does with its measly little 44% of the population. Funny huh?

The show King of the Hill did an excellent job of portraying the kind of ignorance displayed by andyadhi01. And it even was modeled after andy's home area!

"King of the Hill is set in the fictional town of Arlen, Texas. In a 1995 interview prior to the show's debut, Judge described the setting as "a town like Humble." In a more recent interview, Judge has cited Garland, Texas, a Dallas suburb, as the specific inspiration for Arlen. Despite the fictitious locale, the show strives to portray the region accurately, going so far as to have annual research trips to Texas for the writing staff. Time magazine praised the authentic portrayal as the "most acutely observed, realistic sitcom about regional American life bar none"

King of the Hill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're right, "this" things get into popular culture for a reason! King of the Hill was extremely popular and was "the second longest-running American animated television series after The Simpsons" b/c we all like to laugh at ignorant Texan rednecks.

I think Dale with all his paranoia and conspiracy theories reminds me the most of andy! Isn't humor wonderful?

Old 01-14-2010, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Never been to a city that compared to San Francisco in the number of gay men, lesbians, bull dykes, cross dressers.
> Not sure I agree! But definitely a lot of hipsters, food/wine snobs and women who wear Ugg boots.
Don't forget to mention obnoxious transplants that will pick apart every aspect of life in SF and act as though they come from some place that's better, yet refuse to leave here and return to their home land b/c they think whining and hating life is the better alternative.

Not too good with the HTML there are ya?

Old 01-14-2010, 10:30 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,519,120 times
Ah yes, gotta love "humor!" Want a little bit more to laugh hilariously at (hahaha)?

"As of the 2006 US Census estimates, the racial distribution in Texas are as follows: 71.5% White American, 11.6% African American, 3.3% are Asian American, 0.6% are American Indian, and 13% are of Some other Race (presumably Mestizo)."

> There is a reason Wikipedia is free and its mostly because it is maintained by volunteers who can be just as ignorant as you are- Wikipedia also assumes that the reader is intelligent enough to logically analyze what they are reading. So just to educate you again (maybe you can mail me a tuition check-), many people of hispanic origin are racially considered white, even though they are culturally not anglo! So in the US census you should look at something called "Non-hispanic-white" %. So here you go from US census:

Texas QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

In 2008 Texas is 47.4% white, 36.5 % latino/hispanic, 11.9% black.

Again if you know how to read statistics correctly, here is the demographics of Dallas:
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed

White: 34.5%, Hispanic: 35.5%, Black: 25.9%

Texas, is a majority-minority state since 2005, which means non-whites constitute more than 50% of the population.

US Census Press Releases (http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/005514.html - broken link)

So this begs two questions:
1. Can you actually read or ever went to college? or did the lousy public schools of SF fried your brains out?
2. Can you use google?

BTW, out here in the sunset if I saw a black or hispanic brotha I stare at them and fondly remember what was it like to live in a multi-cultural and integrated neighborhood-

Last edited by Yac; 02-23-2010 at 05:09 AM..

Old 01-14-2010, 10:36 AM

And what does Oakland have to do with this?? You were talking about THE CITY OF SF in what I responded to

> What did the tiny of town of Jasper, TX out in East Texas had to do anything with Dallas? But you did bring it up to paint the second largest state in US with stereotypical brush. Or does the entire state of TX looks like a point in the map you are using?

Old 01-14-2010, 11:00 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times
Quote:

> There is a reason Wikipedia is free and its mostly because it is maintained by volunteers who can be just as ignorant as you are- Wikipedia also assumes that the reader is intelligent enough to logically analyze what they are reading. So just to educate you again (maybe you can mail me a tuition check-), many people of hispanic origin are racially considered white, even though they are culturally not anglo! So in the US census you should look at something called "Non-hispanic-white" %. So here you go from US census:

Again if you know how to read statistics correctly, here is the demographics of Dallas:

Texas, is a majority-minority state since 2005, which means non-whites constitute more than 50% of the population.

US Census Press Releases (http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/005514.html - broken link)

1. Can you actually read or ever went to college? or did the lousy public schools of SF fried your brains out?
2. Can you use google?

BTW, out here in the sunset if I saw a black or hispanic brotha I stare at them and fondly remember what was it like to live in a multi-cultural and integrated neighborhood-
Don't get too angry about this..but do you realize that you have only been living here for a very short time (what, like 2 months?) and every single one of your posts have been a rant,vent, complaint, criticism, or judgment?

Perhaps is you spent less time focusing on the negatives about the City then you might learn to enjoy it more? You honestly sound like you need a big hug from your mom. (Hey, I'm a mom to 4 kids so I'm pretty tuned in to this behavior). You're obviously depressed. I can totally understand that this big move has been a culture shock, but you're really "acting out" and displacing your anger.

Moving takes time and perhaps you will never learn to like the culture of SF and never make a friend here, but you will likely never regret experiencing something new/out of your comfort zone. You can always go back home when you decide the time is right. In the meantime, go enjoy Golden Gate Park or something since you mentioned being in the Sunset..take a walk around the Botanical Gardens and enjoy life a bit.

Let's stop comparing Dallas to SF..of course they're different..but really..do you think that they should be identical? How boring would that be?

Last edited by Yac; 02-23-2010 at 05:09 AM..

Old 01-14-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
There is a reason Wikipedia is free and its mostly because it is maintained by volunteers who can be just as ignorant as you are- Wikipedia also assumes that the reader is intelligent enough to logically analyze what they are reading. So just to educate you again (maybe you can mail me a tuition check-), many people of hispanic origin are racially considered white, even though they are culturally not anglo! So in the US census you should look at something called "Non-hispanic-white" %. So here you go from US census:

Are you seriously too slow to grasp the "quote" function on here??

Anyway, fair enough. My mistake. I did not see the need to dig any further than the first link which came up when I googled "demographics of Texas," considering I already knew Texas is whiter than SF or CA. But I suppose I should have looked beyond Wikipedia to post my facts, so I'll admit that the info I posted there was incorrect. I actually did look at the chart that gave TX an almost 85% total white population and breezed past the 71.5% figure w/o checking to see if it specified that number as "white non-Hispanic." I saw the number was significantly less and proceeded to post it, mainly b/c I thought it was already common knowledge that TX is whiter than CA or SF, but apparently you need further clarification.

At least I am man enough to admit it when I've made a mistake, as opposed to ALL the times you've been proven to be full of s**t so far and neglected to take responsibility for ANY of it. Is integrity in short supply out there in TX, or is it just you? And I bet you were just LOOOVING the fact that after all the BS I and other have pinned you down on, which of course you were too cowardly to admit and too unintelligent to grasp, you could FINALLY try and throw something back in my face. Congratulations on your HUGE, single victory here!

My point, however is still completely valid. And once again you've contributed to myself and others making a fool of you, this time by bringing up the "whiteness" of each location. It really doesn't work when you're favoring the place that fits the description you gave more accurately than the place you're targeting. LOL.

Since you're obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer (or even a knife at all - you're more like a wooden spoon w/o any sharp edges ), I'll go ahead and post the correct numbers from other sites that will continue to prove my point that TX is whiter than here (I still can't believe you were dumb enough to even go there lol).

CA's white non-Hispanic population: 42.3%
SF's white non-Hispanic population: 43.6%
TX's white non-Hispanic population: 47.4%

See how the TX number is larger than the other two?? That means its WHITER, so your pathetic little attempt at "humor" applies to TX more than it does to here. That was my only point, which of course you tried to sidestep. Its understandable; if I were being made this huge a fool of I'd be reaching for whatever way out I could find as well.

California QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
//www.city-data.com/city/San-Fr...alifornia.html

Dallas I'll at least give you since it has a lower percentage than SF (although I shouldn't even bother to acknowledge this fact seeing as you've lacked the backbone to acknowledge EVERY SINGLE TIME you've been proven wrong so far, and you continually sidestep facts that don't favor your argument. But I prefer to operate in the realm of honesty ).

In Dallas though, you're pretty much either black, brown or white, with a small sliver remaining for everything else in the world. I guess YOU'D consider that to be diverse, particularly if the world were only made up of whites, blacks and Mexicans. Unfortunately for you its not, but keep telling yourself you come from a very cosmopolitan city if it makes you feel better. Please do something to make you get over your obvious complex!

Oh and btw, CA HAS BEEN a majority-minority state for quite some time now, so welcome to the club! And since this stuff seems to matter to you, here's a few more fun facts according to your little article:

-CA had the largest Hispanic population of any state that year along with the largest numerical increase
-CA had both the largest Asian population and the largest numerical increase of any state that year as well
-CA had the largest population of American Indians and Alaska Natives of any state that year too
-CA had the largest numerical increase of Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders that year as well
-TX was not listed in any of these highlights, so thanks for posting this!

The most pathetic part here is that you actually think you're in a position to call ANYONE ELSE on this forum ignorant. And lol@ your "Wikipedia is free" comment; the sites you posted are free too, genius! You really make Texas look bad by continually showing a severe lack of intellect and then attempting to project your own retardation unto others here. But go ahead and do whatever helps you sleep at night.

Quote:
2. Can you use google?
LMFAO!! Do you ACTUALLY want me to go back and collect all the numerous grammatical errors you have made in the past few days on this forum?? Do you?? B/c I'll be glad to continue making a fool of you if you really want me to LOL. Dude, you have the IQ of a rat turd and you have made so many errors in grammar that the fact that you even went there has literally LAUGHING OUT LOUD!! Did you ever graduate middle school??

And please seek some basic HTML advice seeing as the "quote" function of these posts is beyond your grasp! LMFAO!!

Quote:
THEN WHAT IS STOPPING YOU FROM GOING BACK???!! Just LEAVE already! Your life obviously sucks and you lack both the intelligence and the people skills to make any friends here so why don't you go back to what passes for you as "diversity?" LOL.

You're just so, so sad of an individual. SMH.

Last edited by Yac; 02-23-2010 at 05:08 AM..

Old 01-14-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
And what does Oakland have to do with this?? You were talking about THE CITY OF SF in what I responded to

> What did the tiny of town of Jasper, TX out in East Texas had to do anything with Dallas? But you did bring it up to paint the second largest state in US with stereotypical brush. Or does the entire state of TX looks like a point in the map you are using?
You really don't get what it had to do with what I was saying? Here, let me refresh you:

Quote:
I do not know of any US city where this kind of thuggery is tolerated, particularly in a supposedly nice and touristy neighborhood. I am sure though that the cops would have taken some action if the perpetrators were minorities!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
The funniest part is that now you're trying to intimate that SFPD is too racist when you're coming from a state where hicks still hogtie African Americans to their pickups and drag them to their deaths. Talk about brutal thuggery!!! I never really thought of Texans as being so backward in their mentality until I came across your posts.
Still confused?? Why do I even bother asking, of course you are!

YOU brought up racism, not I, and you chose SFPD as your target for whatever reason. I pointed out the irony of your even going there considering how notoriously racist the STATE of Texas is reputed to be, and pointed to an incident that I recalled, with the entire state being my target as that is what has the rep, not any single Texas city. You then proceeded to claim I had "conveniently forgotten" about Oscar Grant, which was a completely delusional claim seeing as we were never talking about Oakland nor had either of us referenced that incident. Are you beginning to get this now?? B/c I can't spell it out any more clearly for you than this.

I generally regard the entire Bay Area as one cohesive unit, but you were specifically targeting SFPD, which had nothing at all to do with that Oakland incident. OPD didn't even do that; it was a BART cop decided to take things too far and is now paying the consequences. And this incident was not even approaching the sickening brutality of those demented racist hillbilly Texans who decided to go medieval on that poor man. So you were reaching for the Oakland incident b/c you got desperate, end of story.

Last edited by jman650; 01-14-2010 at 04:31 PM..

Old 01-14-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Don't get too angry about this..but do you realize that you have only been living here for a very short time (what, like 2 months?) and every single one of your posts have been a rant,vent, complaint, criticism, or judgment?

Perhaps is you spent less time focusing on the negatives about the City then you might learn to enjoy it more? You honestly sound like you need a big hug from your mom. (Hey, I'm a mom to 4 kids so I'm pretty tuned in to this behavior). You're obviously depressed. I can totally understand that this big move has been a culture shock, but you're really "acting out" and displacing your anger.

Moving takes time and perhaps you will never learn to like the culture of SF and never make a friend here, but you will likely never regret experiencing something new/out of your comfort zone. You can always go back home when you decide the time is right. In the meantime, go enjoy Golden Gate Park or something since you mentioned being in the Sunset..take a walk around the Botanical Gardens and enjoy life a bit.

Let's stop comparing Dallas to SF..of course they're different..but really..do you think that they should be identical? How boring would that be?
EXACTLY!!! I never thought I would find myself focusing on dirt to throw at Texas b/c I've generally always gotten along with Texans. But this hater is just a clown and when he dishes out constant exaggerations, inaccuracies and lies, and fixates on my home region as something to constantly down I'm not exactly going to react positively. Just like how several other Bay Area folks have reacted similarly to his nonsense. And I mean who in the world would respond positively to all his trolling?

If he EVER just discussed things the way they actually are and kept things in perspective there wouldn't be an issue. This place is not perfect, and neither is his home city and state. But the constant exaggerated negativity is BS and it is offensive. And aside from that he never really has anything intelligent to say.

At least you're giving him good advice here. It sounds to me like he has no clue how to even enjoy life and feels like taking it out on us, but you never know. I'd just love for him and all his ignorance to go back to the hole he crawled out of b/c the last thing we need to be importing to here is another brain dead hater who will be nothing more than a dredge to our communities.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:38 PM

At least I am man enough to admit it when I've made a mistake

> Because you actually made a mistake, I didn't. I just shared an opinion that you didn't like- Congratulations on being 'man enough'.

I think we can settle the rest of the argument in a beer pong game or fist fight, whichever you prefer-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland