Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 12:16 AM

731 posts, read 1,368,766 times

Advertisements

Does California have Medical Shoe Goo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 12:29 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
It's weird to see you talk yourself into a circle, and basically debate yourself. Must be a skill gained during your quest for a Master's of Library Science.
Clearly you don't understand the difference between possessing and using... I would explain it to you, but it's something only a library school graduate could understand.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:35 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,254,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Clearly you don't understand the difference between possessing and using... I would explain it to you, but it's something only a library school graduate could understand.
Agreed.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,657 times
I resent that for smoking pot in San Francisco, I am accused of not respecting my body, that is hilarious bull****, but I don't have all day to type witty retorts for myself I have to go to school, and work and pay rent, all of the things that everyone else does, i just happen to smoke pot either before, during, or after.

Smoking, growing, cultivating, and appreciating weed is a part of California's rich culture, and I'm not trying to say that getting high is for everyone, but don't come to our state and chastise us for it.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:39 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,903 times
we don't smoke and we are early 30's. I know plenty who don't, in the east bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny2010 View Post
I'm sure there are some people around here who don't use but almost everyone who I meet seems to smoke weed. It's really depressing. I am in my upper 20s am at the age (well past the age) where I don't want that in my life or to associate with individuals who do. I moved here a few months ago from the east coast and am having a hard time finding like minded individuals. Do they exist in SF? If so, where do non users hang out? Where can I meet them?

How many of you out there who live in the bay area don't smoke pot?

Old 02-22-2011, 06:53 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,715,973 times
This thread is funny as f*ck. But yes, not everyone is a smoker in the Bay. My mother's side of the family that is Chinese that lives in the Sunset in SF has NEVER smoked weed. I think a lot of the elderly Asian folks that came to the Bay when they were already grown are the same way. And my mother and my uncles grew up in SF in the 60's and 70's! My mother talks about weed like it is meth amphetamine. This is a dead give away that somebody has never smoked in their life because we all know that weed is the least harmless drug out there. Of course I am the exception and I smoke unlike my mother's side of the family. My sister is the same way. But what the hell can we say? We grew up in what is globally known as a weed/drug mecca. My sister claims that she tripped off of acid at a friend's house when she was only 10 years old. That is SF for you. The McDonald's our grandparents used to take us to all the time back in the 80's and early 90's was the junkie village Mickey D's on Haight Street! And we lived immediately up the street from what was one of the biggest open air drug markets (mostly hard drugs unfortunately) in the entire Bay Area near Randolph Street in Lakeview. But everyone can tell that I smoke. You see us smokers have a sixth sense and we can spot other smokers from a mile away. Alot of times people ask me if I'm selling or if I want to buy weed now matter if I'm in NYC or SF or random town USA. And no, I am far from being a hippie or looking like one. It's that smoker spidey sense! Even if you don't smoke weed, you sure as hell will know what it smells like if you live in the Bay.

Last edited by goldenchild08; 02-22-2011 at 07:12 PM..

Old 02-26-2011, 09:17 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,241,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
This thread is funny as f*ck. But yes, not everyone is a smoker in the Bay. My mother's side of the family that is Chinese that lives in the Sunset in SF has NEVER smoked weed. I think a lot of the elderly Asian folks that came to the Bay when they were already grown are the same way. And my mother and my uncles grew up in SF in the 60's and 70's! My mother talks about weed like it is meth amphetamine. This is a dead give away that somebody has never smoked in their life because we all know that weed is the least harmless drug out there. Of course I am the exception and I smoke unlike my mother's side of the family. My sister is the same way. But what the hell can we say? We grew up in what is globally known as a weed/drug mecca. My sister claims that she tripped off of acid at a friend's house when she was only 10 years old. That is SF for you. The McDonald's our grandparents used to take us to all the time back in the 80's and early 90's was the junkie village Mickey D's on Haight Street! And we lived immediately up the street from what was one of the biggest open air drug markets (mostly hard drugs unfortunately) in the entire Bay Area near Randolph Street in Lakeview. But everyone can tell that I smoke. You see us smokers have a sixth sense and we can spot other smokers from a mile away. Alot of times people ask me if I'm selling or if I want to buy weed now matter if I'm in NYC or SF or random town USA. And no, I am far from being a hippie or looking like one. It's that smoker spidey sense! Even if you don't smoke weed, you sure as hell will know what it smells like if you live in the Bay.
lol true. One of my best friends is Chinese and grew up in SF, and his parents consist of a mother who is an immigrant who was never exposed to weed, and a native born father who is very straight edge. To them weed is the devil, but they have no idea what it smells like...so beck in the day me and my friend were able to smoke in his room all the time, and whenever his mom would come by and say "what's that smell??", he would just say its incense, and she would be like "oh, ok". In fact most of the adults in his family are pretty ignorant about weed, while most of the kids either smoke occasionally, smoke like a chimney, or have at least smoked it once or twice before. Pretty funny.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:48 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
lol true. One of my best friends is Chinese and grew up in SF, and his parents consist of a mother who is an immigrant who was never exposed to weed, and a native born father who is very straight edge. To them weed is the devil, but they have no idea what it smells like...so beck in the day me and my friend were able to smoke in his room all the time, and whenever his mom would come by and say "what's that smell??", he would just say its incense, and she would be like "oh, ok". In fact most of the adults in his family are pretty ignorant about weed, while most of the kids either smoke occasionally, smoke like a chimney, or have at least smoked it once or twice before. Pretty funny.
Hell, I was at a girlfriend's place once and we'd just had a few rips (we needed to clean the apartment, and just about the only way to get me to actually want to clean and do a good job at it is to get me inebriated), and - surprise! - mom and dad show up unexpextedly to deliver housewarming presents. She was Chinese-American. She said that we'd taken Benadryl because we'd opened the window and pollen got in to justify our red eyes and aloofness, so they dropped the gifts off and left
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland