Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 01:22 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
I bet there's a lot of US citizens living abroad who display only the U.S. flag in their windows or on their cars. No big deal. In fact if you go overseas you often see different flags. You might see ARgentine flag hanging from a window in Paris, or a German flag on a car in Canada, or whatever.
And that makes it OK?

Old 07-05-2011, 01:23 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,774,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
And that makes it OK?

Why not?

Old 07-05-2011, 01:56 PM

457 posts, read 1,182,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
Yep, y'all are part of what makes California California.
I can't imagine California without the Mexican influence and besides, you were here first ..... well actually second.
And there's a Norwegian flag down the street from me and and Canadian flag up the street but the property i live on (courtesy of my landlords) has the best flag of all .... the WORLD flag !!!
(oh and the neighbors across the street, in response to the world flag, put up the biggest American flag i've ever seen .... as if to object and counter the notion that it's one world and we're one people. Duh. Anyone who has a problem with that truth at this point in world history is, imo, backassward and needs to wake up).
Keep listening to John Lennon's "Imagine" .

Not every country is equal to ours. Why do you think so many want to come here either legally or illegally. Let me guess: we should not have borders, we should only have one currency throughout and everyone should earn the same amount of money, everyone should live equally in every way. Good idea....

Old 07-05-2011, 04:19 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,849,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post

Not every country is equal to ours. Why do you think so many want to come here either legally or illegally. Let me guess: we should not have borders, we should only have one currency throughout and everyone should earn the same amount of money, everyone should live equally in every way. Good idea....
Ultimately, as a very high and evolved and ideal vision ... yes, absolutely, John Lennon said it.
But that's not where we are in our collective consciousness.
In the mean time (and it is a mean time), why not be tolerant of the diversity (which makes this country what it is) and not get hung up on and be offended by someone flying the flag of their country of origin?
It's just stupid.
Everyone from every culture has the right to live in this country and be an American while, at the same time, loving their country of origin and expressing it in any way that they want to.
That's part of what makes this country a good one.
It's called freedom ... freedom to be yourself and express yourself and as long as no one is violating the rights of others, what's the big deal?
And remember the First Nations!!!.
"We" were not here first and "we" committed genocide and that genocide is part of the rotten foundation of this great U.S. of A..

Old 07-05-2011, 04:40 PM

Happy 5th of July!

Mexican flags in SJ-chief-joseph.gif
Mexican flags in SJ-native-american-tribe-map.jpg
Mexican flags in SJ-fightingterorism-may.jpg

Old 07-06-2011, 03:22 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
got hate?
Bad taco make MAD!

Old 07-06-2011, 03:33 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post
Rolling eyes at "Imagine?" So...we should NOT respect each other? Interesting.

Flag Raging Mad stuff -
flags are as symbolically important as the individual owner or observer chooses to make of them. Entirely subjective, an argument that will lead to no agreeable, satisfying resolution. Just going to go in circles on this one.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:22 PM

105 posts, read 306,193 times
The US flag is intended to be the symbol of our melting pot unity. Everyone flying different flags is separatism.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:18 PM

159 posts, read 558,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
I was driving through east SJ (the latino area). I saw a number of vehicles (mainly SUVs with chrome wheels) displaying just a MEXICAN flag. WTH? Now if they were displaying a US flag along with a Mexican flag, that'd be fine with me because I believe you should be proud of where you came from. But what the hell is up with this?? If you live in this country, your allegiance is to the US. If you have any flags on your car or property, at least one of them better be the flag of the country you're living in now.

And why don't see other races pulling this crap? I don't see Chinese or Filipinos or Indians driving around with their country's flag strapped to the antenna. Get outta here!!!
Most ethnic groups that emigrate to the USA make an effort to ASSIMILATE into the traditional American culture & values -- the reason they immigrated here. But certain particular ethnicities make no effort to jump into the melting-pot due to a lack of intellect, lack of respect for the USA, laziness, and because certain parts of the country (such as California) let them get-away with such behavior & provide them with welfare and other social-assistance handouts without requiring them to do much in return. As a direct result of this, many parts of California & some other states are turning into dirty, crime-ridden hispanic ghettos. Then to top it off, these same people that fled their native country due to it being one massive ghetto suddenly develop some sort of fierce cultural pride once they get here, and drive their beat-up, uninsured hoopties with mexicant flags and/or the name of the state in mexico that they're from.

I witnessed it on a daily basis while living in Northern California for 8 years, specifically, living in Redwood City for about 18 months while working with some public-safety agencies. It disgusted me, I didn't want my hard-earned tax $$ being wasted on people that are trashing California, SO I LEFT THE STATE and am now happily residing in a state that is financially stable, clean, low-crime, good quality of life because while we welcome legal immigration & respect cultural heritage, we enforce American values.

The people who have grown-up/lived-with this California third-world mentality all their life can't comprehend that other parts of the state/county that don't have these types of immigrants are relatively clean, peaceful & productive communities. So they tend to simply write-off factual observations such as mine as being "ignorant" (that seems to be a favorite word these days) or "racist," as that way, they don't have to deal with the sobering thought that the majority of problems are being caused by the chronic, acute minority (pun-intended) of people.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:40 PM

"enforce american values" ?!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose