Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 03:16 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,958,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
But then, I'm a 40-year middle class white guy, so none of the arguments in this thread are really about me, are they?
But that's a big difference. You're contributing to the tax base and came here legally. A good chunk of the people flying Mexican flags can't say the same.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:08 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The globalists are working on these very issues. They want to dissolve the whole idea of national sovereignty so that people will put their allegiance toward a one world dictatorship disguised as a benevolent democracy.

Wait until the next financial crisis....they will advance their idea of a one world currency as the "solution". Their "solutions" always seem to involve centralizing power and control.
Precisely what the first Bush meant by "New World Order," no doubt. It troubled me then and it troubles me even more now. I don't want "global" anything. I want American! We used to be quite self-sufficient but for oil. Now, but for much of our food, we're in thrall to other countries and providing them with employment opportunities much needed here at home.

Follow the money!

Old 07-10-2011, 09:16 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
That's inevitable.
It comes with the territory.
Um, no it doesn't come with the territory. How did you come to that conclusion? There have always been immigrants, legal and illegal who have come here and this didn't come with their territory

Now I've just watched this topic mostly minus one smart remark I made earlier. However you sucked me in with that one. Now I am not going to say that all illegal immigrants of Hispanic decent hate this country. That would be painfully unfair to the many who have died in our wars fighting for this country. Let us not forget that.

However, what also can't be ignored is the fact that, at least in appearance, many (but again not all) seem to show little respect for the country they've moved into.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:34 AM

Location: Looks like I'm getting out "Valley On The Sun" Arizona
190 posts, read 415,697 times
I've flown the flag upside down since Obama's been in office.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:37 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post

However, what also can't be ignored is the fact that, at least in appearance, many (but again not all) seem to show little respect for the country they've moved into.
To many of them just see the US as an ATM machine.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:30 AM

2,190 posts, read 6,851,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Um, no it doesn't come with the territory. How did you come to that conclusion? There have always been immigrants, legal and illegal who have come here and this didn't come with their territory

Now I've just watched this topic mostly minus one smart remark I made earlier. However you sucked me in with that one. Now I am not going to say that all illegal immigrants of Hispanic decent hate this country. That would be painfully unfair to the many who have died in our wars fighting for this country. Let us not forget that.

It was general comment about freedom ... that there will always be people who abuse it ... which is true.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:35 AM

1,651 posts, read 3,697,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
But that's a big difference. You're contributing to the tax base and came here legally. A good chunk of the people flying Mexican flags can't say the same.
Oooh, you're going to have back that statement up with facts, please.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Precisely what the first Bush meant by "New World Order," no doubt. It troubled me then and it troubles me even more now. I don't want "global" anything. I want American! We used to be quite self-sufficient but for oil. Now, but for much of our food, we're in thrall to other countries and providing them with employment opportunities much needed here at home.

Follow the money!
John Lennon's "Imagine" has absolutely nothing to do with the "new world order"! (what a crude thought)
It has nothing to do with global politics, governance, etc., etc..

Old 07-10-2011, 11:10 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
John Lennon's "Imagine" has absolutely nothing to do with the "new world order"! (what a crude thought)
It has nothing to do with global politics, governance, etc., etc..
John Lennon was president?

Old 07-10-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
John Lennon was president?
The new world order notion on this thread began as a response (by mystical tiger who your reply was in response to) to John Lennon's "Imagine" as though his vision had something to do with that notion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose