Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 09:29 PM

113 posts, read 216,729 times

Advertisements

according to what I read here, one must accept the fact that they will be living in a rat hole unless they want to pay extremely high prices, the commute will be hell, the people are pretentious, and you must live without house pets. I wonder why any citizen would want to live in such a place. The primary benefits would be relatively easy access to the beaches and ski slopes, which I would love, but seriously, most of the waking hours would be an awful quality of life. Why would anyone want that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 12:31 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
according to what I read here, one must accept the fact that they will be living in a rat hole unless they want to pay extremely high prices, the commute will be hell, the people are pretentious, and you must live without house pets. I wonder why any citizen would want to live in such a place. The primary benefits would be relatively easy access to the beaches and ski slopes, which I would love, but seriously, most of the waking hours would be an awful quality of life. Why would anyone want that?
You're getting too worked up. It ain't that bad, if you dig a little for a deal.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:24 AM

1,651 posts, read 3,697,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
according to what I read here, one must accept the fact that they will be living in a smaller and/or older place unless they want to pay extremely high prices, the commute will be unpleasant if you insist on maintaining the same standard of accomodations, the people are people, and it's harder to find apartments that allow pets. I wonder why any citizen would want to live in such a place. The primary benefits would be relatively easy access to the beaches and ski slopes, world class natural beauty on all 4 sides, the freshest food and best wines produced within an hour's drive, the most moderate climate in the Americas and a wonderfully positive and dynamic arts scene, which I would love, but seriously, most of the waking hours would be a pretty damn good quality of life if you can afford it. Why would anyone want that?

ftfy

Old 12-26-2011, 05:57 PM

113 posts, read 216,729 times
sweet. Thanks for reminding me to adjust the attitude. I'm afraid all the negativity got the best of me. Your version is much nicer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis
according to what I read here, one must accept the fact that they will be living in a smaller and/or older place unless they want to pay extremely high prices, the commute will be unpleasant if you insist on maintaining the same standard of accomodations, the people are people, and it's harder to find apartments that allow pets. I wonder why any citizen would want to live in such a place. The primary benefits would be relatively easy access to the beaches and ski slopes, world class natural beauty on all 4 sides, the freshest food and best wines produced within an hour's drive, the most moderate climate in the Americas and a wonderfully positive and dynamic arts scene, which I would love, but seriously, most of the waking hours would be a pretty damn good quality of life if you can afford it. Why would anyone want that?

ftfy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose