Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 01:34 AM

77 posts, read 339,785 times

Advertisements

I think I have had it with Comcast. I think they are absolutely the worst cable company on this planet. I want to try Direct TV. They seem to have better reviews than cable companies. Anybody have any experience with Direct TV? How are they in general? Is the quality of service and features better than Comcast? I think customer service wise, nobody can be as bad as Comcast, so I am not worried about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 02:03 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
I think I have had it with Comcast. I think they are absolutely the worst cable company on this planet. I want to try Direct TV. They seem to have better reviews than cable companies. Anybody have any experience with Direct TV? How are they in general? Is the quality of service and features better than Comcast? I think customer service wise, nobody can be as bad as Comcast, so I am not worried about that.
Often boils down to what sort of channel package you want, especially in regards HD.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:20 AM

345 posts, read 1,030,870 times
Heard many of the same negative things about Comcast. Atrocious customer service people tell me.

DirecTV is great. I have basic cable now , but had DirecTV not long ago.

Tons of channels and easy to add on extras like HBO etc. at a reasonable fee if you wish.

I highly recommend it. And if you're into sports at all, there's nothing better. And you have a lot of choices as far as packages and add-ons.

30 million people agree, don't just watch TV, DirecTV! .

Old 02-16-2013, 02:56 AM

77 posts, read 339,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
Heard many of the same negative things about Comcast. Atrocious customer service people tell me.

DirecTV is great. I have basic cable now , but had DirecTV not long ago.

Tons of channels and easy to add on extras like HBO etc. at a reasonable fee if you wish.

I highly recommend it. And if you're into sports at all, there's nothing better. And you have a lot of choices as far as packages and add-ons.

30 million people agree, don't just watch TV, DirecTV! .
Since Direct TV is a satellite service, my only concern is how the service is affected by weather. Do you have service interruptions during heavy rains and stuff?

Also what did you do for internet since Direct TV provides only TV service? Did you go with a bundle with one of their broadband partners?

Old 02-16-2013, 03:12 AM

345 posts, read 1,030,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintforlife View Post
Since Direct TV is a satellite service, my only concern is how the service is affected by weather. Do you have service interruptions during heavy rains and stuff?

Also what did you do for internet since Direct TV provides only TV service? Did you go with a bundle with one of their broadband partners?
Can't answer the internet part since I got it for free.

Perhaps a rare weather issue with the satellite. But usually brief and everything is back to normal. Wouldn't worry about that but you can ask them questions. I really think you'll be happy with DirecTV.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,709 times
Direct TV does not provide Internet? We want a simple package, minimum TV with internet and phone...do not need premium channels, watch very little TV. Have ATT now and it is always out and very slow on the streaming...any suggestions?

Old 04-08-2014, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,656 times
If your AT&T is slow, you're probably stuck with Comcast for internet. I have comcast internet, and DirecTV - no complaints with either.

Directv does have some tie up with Verizon ( i think ) for internet. But don't expect cable speeds.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:37 PM

310 posts, read 686,916 times
Why not give a TV antenna a try while you decide? I bought a ClearStream 2V antenna for $100. Even if you go with a paid service later, a one-time "fee" of $100 for a backup is worth it.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:58 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,371,571 times
Who still has either, and why?

Not that I'm discouraging you… Your support of current broadcast shows enables my ability to stream them for "free" without ads in a few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
View detailed profiles of: