Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2010, 03:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,643 times

Advertisements

Hi I am having trouble with craigslist because of all of the rules, I do smoke cigarettes, and I own a home theater. (i can smoke outside)
99 percent of the ads say "no pet, no smoke, no party, no cook"
I'm not a drinker myself but get along well with party types, because they are also free spirits. I am a responsible person and always pay bills on time. Another problem is that I am usually a night owl after I get of work. Does anyone know any stoners, punk/metal types? it just seems like this area is so conservative, way more conservative than the south or midwest, I mean waaay more strict. i thought this was supposed to be a enlightened society around here, I guess that died after they built the condos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 10:10 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Count the number of medical marijuana dispensaries, and consider how many satisfied patrons live in the area. Not so conservative, then? (Just an example)
Virtually every housing ad has those rules on them whether they're strictly enforced or barely acknowledged. You either talk to the owner and work out an arrangement, or keep it under wraps at whatever risk you choose to take.
It's a renters' market, so few owners look to hold out under draconian rule enforcement if they want people in their units.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose