Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 08:21 PM

7 posts, read 15,448 times

Advertisements

my budget is around $700 i can deal with a studio....ill be going back and forth alot between albuquerque and santa fe and even that drive is a huge stretch for me but dont want to live in albuquerque..i dont want super rural but i dont want a huge city and i plan to rent...

thanks for any advise...

where is el dorado and someone mentioned rio rancho in another thread....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 08:51 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignfreedom View Post
be going back and forth alot between albuquerque and santa fe

dont want to live in albuquerque..

dont want super rural but i dont want a huge city

thanks for any advise...

someone mentioned rio rancho in another thread....
Depending on you commute you might consider Rio Rancho, maybe Bernallio... There are commuters from that area.

Rio Rancho is a city on the north side of the Albuquerque (ABQ) border. Separate cities, separate counties from ABQ.

There is the Rail Runner commuter train Rio Metro Regional Transit District Official Site - Home and the commuter bus in Santa Fe works well. I know several people who manage to use it.

There are over 200 threads on Rio Rancho. This is just one of the larger ones: Rio Rancho Info

Old 01-18-2016, 10:50 PM

thank you how close to santa fe and albuquerque is rio rancho??

Old 01-18-2016, 11:00 PM

i will check out rio rancho and cerillos but in case i wanted to live in santa fe...is a studio apartment out of my reach for $700-$750???

want to be realistic...i love santa fe and my best friend lives there

Old 01-19-2016, 07:13 AM

887 posts, read 1,215,784 times
Quote:
Rio Rancho is essentially between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. That Trulia real estate site shows crime stats basically down to street level.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Depends on where it those towns you are going...

Santa Fe, NM to Rio Rancho, NM is approximately 57 miles. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/KTUJrb35Npk
Santa Fe, NM to Albuquerque, NM, NM is approximately 65 miles. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/1U9H8iiirKS2

Rio Rancho, NM to Albuquerque, NM, NM is approximately 18 miles. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/6w3sT8j9FeC2

But the south border of Rio Rancho touches the north border of Albuquerque

I live in Rio Rancho and the Cottonwood Mall in Albuquerque is 7 miles from me.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 01-19-2016 at 11:00 AM..

Old 01-19-2016, 06:18 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,165,869 times
Quote:
...in case i wanted to live in santa fe...is a studio apartment out of my reach for $700-$750?
Do a Google Search on "santa fe studio apartments" and you'll find quite a few listed in your price range.

Old 01-19-2016, 08:43 PM

887 posts, read 1,215,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakabedy View Post
I didn't suggest Eldorado mainly because of your price point. Keep looking though, as sue of the smaller older homes might come up in that price point. Rancho Viejo is nice. It's a newer development - 10-12-ish years I think? A little out of the way, but not much. With the houses being newer, you'd likely have fewer projects. The Community college is out there and has a nice gym you can join. It's really just 10 minutes or so into the commercial part of town and another 10 minutes to get downtown.
Been in there once just driving past homes for sale because of the price range and age. The thing I am so gun shy about is I think that falls into that era of homes with the darn plastic water lines falling apart. Repiping a house is one thing if you have a way from above or below. Flat roof on a slab is a whole nother thing.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Do a Google Search on "santa fe studio apartments" and you'll find quite a few listed in your price range.

How about "santa fe nm studio apartments" instead so you don't get all the CA, AZ and TX states...

Old 01-21-2016, 04:08 PM

974 posts, read 2,343,939 times
For rentals, another idea is to check the classifieds in The New Mexican. The rental market here is extremely tight. It used to be that you could figure on $1 per sq.ft. per month for rent, but I'm hearing that it's really hard to find that anymore.

As for buying, in the up-to $220K range, I'm only showing 26 single family homes or town-homes available in the entire city.
There's one in Eldorado and one in Rancho Viejo. For the entire county there's 67. My advice is to do your on-line searching and find a Realtor you like to assist you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe