Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 02:59 PM

88 posts, read 282,988 times

Advertisements

Hey All! From CNN Money. How about them apples?

#17. Santa Fe

Population: 65,433
Pro: Excellent quality of life
Con: Tough competition - Santa Fe's quality of life attracts lots of new businesses
Santa Fe's spectacular cultural and geographic landscape attracts visitors from around the world - tourism is the city's biggest industry. But Santa Fe also boasts an increasingly diverse palette of small-business incubation programs. The Santa Fe Small Business Development Program provides technical assistance, while the nonprofit Santa Fe Business Incubator houses startups and offers training and support programs. Santa Fe's Small Business Development Loan Fund lends capital to businesses that bring new jobs to the area. New, direct regional jet service to Dallas, Salt Lake City and Los Angeles make access to major markets as easy as finding local great restaurants and or unforgettable art in Santa Fe's famed Canyon Road gallery district. A brand new convention center slated to open later this year and a new Hilton resort/meeting facility will introduce new opportunities for retail, restaurant and hospitality businesses. Tech businesses also thrive in Santa Fe; it's home to a number of spin-offs from nearby Los Alamos. -Shara Rutberg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 03:19 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,025,226 times
Darn.

Was kind of hoping the news wouldn't get out.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:31 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,610,776 times
Is that why nearby Buffalo Thunder Resort is in financial trouble, because we are such a good place for business? I'm not sure what they are smoking, but I could use some.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:51 PM

713 posts, read 1,845,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
Is that why nearby Buffalo Thunder Resort is in financial trouble, because we are such a good place for business? I'm not sure what they are smoking, but I could use some.
It's a good place to start a small business, not a mega-resort 20 miles out of town. I knew they would have trouble from the beginning. And with the economy the way it is now, who can afford $250 rooms?

Old 02-17-2009, 08:16 PM

88 posts, read 282,988 times
I thought I would start new threads with the POSITIVE side of Santa Fe, maybe what's her name Grace Gratz will cringe. lol

You'll be seeing a lot of these from me, though. But don't tell everyone, ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe