Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2007, 11:27 AM

9 posts, read 24,790 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions? I will be celebrating my 10th Anniversary here soon and would like a nice romantic place for two, with really good food. Not worried about price. Just want the night to be as perfect as possible. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 12:23 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,413,637 times
Yes there is, i dont like it but my friends love it. Let me hunt the name down for you.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:59 PM

271 posts, read 1,125,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scleeser View Post
Any suggestions? I will be celebrating my 10th Anniversary here soon and would like a nice romantic place for two, with really good food. Not worried about price. Just want the night to be as perfect as possible. Thanks
JULIAN (Italian) 221 Shelby St.

MASA SUSHI (Japanese) 927 W. Alameda

These restaurants are located in downtown and you have to make reservations.

Congratulations and enjoy

Old 06-08-2007, 04:48 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,413,637 times
tito beat me to it, thats the Sushi place alright.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:24 PM

371 posts, read 2,030,462 times
Too bad you don't like Mexican food because my husband and I just ate at El Pinto and the food was wonderful, as was the ambiance and service. I highly recommend to any one who likes this type of fare. I now know its famous and they do have a website if you wish to see it before you go. Wonderful! Wonderful!

P.S. Albuquerque, not Santa Fe - sorry!

Old 06-08-2007, 05:40 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,365,413 times
Ask for the lobster ravioli at Julians. As they say in New Yawk, it's to die for.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:21 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,030,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homewardbound66 View Post
Too bad you don't like Mexican food because my husband and I just ate at El Pinto and the food was wonderful, as was the ambiance and service. I highly recommend to any one who likes this type of fare. I now know its famous and they do have a website if you wish to see it before you go. Wonderful! Wonderful!

< off topic ... sorry >

Homewardbound66 ... El Pinto is where my husband and I celebrated our first anniversary many many years ago. What wonderful memories....I think it was my first New Mexican food.... yummmm....

< return to original topic >

Old 06-08-2007, 09:18 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,365,413 times
El Pinto...Sadies...El Pinto...Sadies. Hmmm. The only way to choose is to flip a coin.
El Pinto sauce is available in stores or on their website (as is Sadies). El Pinto will give you a small recipe booklet for their salsa. It makes great meatloaf. Try it.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:02 PM

9 posts, read 24,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homewardbound66 View Post

I love Mexican food. Damn near grew up on it as a kid in El Paso, my wife likes it a little bit, but to make both of us happy we settle on Sushi or Italian.

Thanks for all the replies. We were thinking about Masa Sushi...just wanted some opinions on it.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:53 PM

371 posts, read 2,030,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scleeser View Post
I love Mexican food. Damn near grew up on it as a kid in El Paso, my wife likes it a little bit, but to make both of us happy we settle on Sushi or Italian.

Thanks for all the replies. We were thinking about Masa Sushi...just wanted some opinions on it.
Hey scleeser - I understand as I love sushi and Italian food. We just tried El Pinto because we wanted to try a real good local authentic type place. I'm glad we tried it because we will be taking all out of towners there as well as going for our anniversary and any other excuse I can think of.

Have a GREAT sushi dinner. Keep us posted on it as we are always trying to find good sushi. Didn't think that would happen here, but there's not only one but many to choose from. Happy Anniversary and many good years ahead!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe