Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 04:45 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
So then, it appears Florida is going back in time
Ah yes and England gives free herion to junkies... funny how we all see progress in a different light

Old 03-05-2011, 07:14 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,143,097 times
it appears not all trailer parks have free internet. no rebuttal yet.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:05 PM

Senate Bill 234, introduced by state Senator Greg Evers (R-2), has been scheduled to be heard in the Senate Criminal Justice Committee on Wednesday March 9 at 3:15pm.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:36 PM

378 posts, read 629,554 times
Thought you said you didn't want this to get political? No, it has degenerated into name calling and open denigration of the opinions of posters who do not agree with you, Mr Winter. You asked for opinions but do not value them. This is a sad thing for any forum....forum meaning a place for discussion not derision.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsky View Post
Thought you said you didn't want this to get political? No, it has degenerated into name calling and open denigration of the opinions of posters who do not agree with you, Mr Winter. You asked for opinions but do not value them. This is a sad thing for any forum....forum meaning a place for discussion not derision.
If people had any sense of reading comprehension from my OP it should have been very easy to see what I was after here. I didnt name call or disrespect any opinion, aside from the post calling me a racist. I value opinions that differ from my own when the opinion is in line with the OP. I didnt debate political sides of this issue, re read the OP and my replies, where did I argue political lines? Where did I disrespect opinions? Nancy made this personal attacks and political.

So you are holding me accountable for the actions of others on this forum? I must be the ring leader of the circus in your eyes. Please yellowsky you cant be serious. Please indicate where I am insulting and casting opinion aside in this thread.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:19 AM

i dont see where old man winter took this political. he asked a question. problem with any discussion about gun control is that it quickly becomes political. there are those, while a realtively small number, absolutely oppose gun ownership and are extremely outspoken about it. most often they have never had any exposure to either guns, violence or a threat to their security and way of life. they fail to realize that it is guns that have given them the ability to get loud and ourspoken with their view point. goes back to the saying, able to read and write thank a teacher, able to read and write whatever you want to, thank a soldier.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:17 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
So then, it appears Florida is going back in time
Well, the wages are still stuck in the 1980s, the house values have dropped to the 1990s, and the poverty rate is the highest since the 1930s, so I guess you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
i dont see where old man winter took this political. he asked a question. problem with any discussion about gun control is that it quickly becomes political. there are those, while a realtively small number, absolutely oppose gun ownership and are extremely outspoken about it.
What does this have to do with Open Carry? I know a lot of people who own guns and are opposed to it. Regarding the political aspects of the law, anytime elected officials vote on a bill, it's political. When there are issues that people are for and other people are against, and those issues affect the community, then it's political. I hope you aren't suggesting that open discussion & debate is some kind of liberal plot to control the government.
Quote:
most often they have never had any exposure to either guns, violence or a threat to their security and way of life. they fail to realize that it is guns that have given them the ability to get loud and ourspoken with their view point. goes back to the saying, able to read and write thank a teacher, able to read and write whatever you want to, thank a soldier.
Soldiers are highly trained people who serve to protect us. Again, I don't see how this is related to allowing any jerk with a gun to walk around with it strapped to his hip.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:21 AM

glad i was a soldier, cause then i cant be a jerk.

everyone i know that has a ccw and are involved with sport shooting wants the open carry but will never excercise it. what it does is keeps the silly, immature person (or in some cases the weenie liberal) from calling the sheriff when a jacket or shirt moves and exposes the grip of my glock.

ohh, behave

Old 03-15-2011, 12:16 PM

Well it passed 10 to 3 in the house today. Looks like alot of jerks are going to be returning to the wild west..... . Effective as soon as the Scott signs it.

Lock and load kids its all over but the .

Old 03-15-2011, 03:53 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,374,769 times
Just told hubby, he said (tongue in cheek) - cool, we needs to buy us some holsters Ma.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area