Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2012, 06:00 AM

15 posts, read 44,901 times

Advertisements

Greetings from a long time reader of this forum and first time poster.

We are actively searching for a winter get away in the Bradenton area. We have been visiting for nearly 20 years but only looking at property since last year. We plan to spend 4-5 months each year getting away from the english winter

Locations we have visited and like very much:

Village Green
Wild Oak Bay

One area I have seen properties for sale is Villages of Lakeside South, is anyone able to tell me anything about these properties/the area apart from what is written on a realtors website?

Its good to meet you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 07:58 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,545,164 times
Villages of Lakeside South - Their monthly fees are $105 per month and are due the first day of each month. It covers yard care, swimming pool, tennis and clubhouse. It is in a nice location close to the beach. The HOA is Lakeside South Property Owners Association, 3817 40th Ave West, Bradenton, FL 34205. 941-755-1742. They do have By-Laws, Articles of Incorporation, and Declaration of Restrictions. A Realtor can get you a copy of these. Only one dog per household is permitted.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 AM

4,613 posts, read 7,531,187 times
I haven't heard anything bad about Lakeside South, if that's what you're asking. I think that between Lakeside and Village Green, VG has the golf course, walking paths and lakes.

Were you considering homes or villas in Village Green? The annual HOA fee for the homes is very reasonable at $55 per year. I also like how they have the HOA organized, with block captains to provide another layer of assistance to the residents. As to the villas, I like that they are divided into 12 sections with community pools. Some of the sections allow owners to have 2 small dogs, some allow only cats. You will see monthy maintenance fees of around $250 on the villas, which is par for Bradenton condos with similar amenities.

Wild Oak Bay, as you know, is located right on Sarasota bay and has some really beautiful landscaping throughout the community.

I would recommend getting the past year's minutes of the board meetings for the communities you are seriously considering to see what is being discussed at the meetings. That can give you more insight. I'd also ask about any upcoming special assessments. If you have a pet, plan to have frequent visitors, like to BBQ, etc you might want to check out the rules and regulations that cover those things to make sure the community fits your lifestyle.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:36 AM

Thank you very much for your prompt responses. I am pleased that you have no terrible stories about these communities.
We would like a villa in Village Green, but there is very little on the market at the moment. We viewed many of those available in November but so many people had glassed in the lanai - I really want either a screened outside area to sit in and/or a little outside space. It was this in particular that I liked about Villages of Lakeside South.

I liked Wild Oak Bay but have a real concern that those trees are getting 'out of hand' and if money gets tight it may be something that doesnt get the attention it needs.

I am so looking forward to winter in Florida and the last thing I want is to be under a tree or sat inside a glassed in lanai........ :-)

Old 01-13-2012, 10:56 AM

Sorry for all the questions but I am doing my research prior to heading back over to Florida in two weeks time.

Two further developments that look to be worth considering:

Wildwood Springs
Spring Lakes

Anything about these areas that I should be aware of?

Many thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area