Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 07:43 PM

14 posts, read 34,033 times

Advertisements

Me, my husband and our 11-month-old son just left our friends and family in NY for Florida (job-related move). We are in temporary housing in Lakewood Ranch but have been house hunting in Sarasota for a while.

Besides safety, location to shops, eateries, etc. and good schools, one of our major "wants" is a fenced in yard for our 120 lb lab. After looking at 30+ homes, we realize that's hard to come by. Most neighborhoods don't allow fences and if they do, they do not allow them in the back (side yards only). We have seen a few homes in the Three Oaks section that are fully fenced, which is great for us, but I'm just wondering about this community in general: safe? good location? good for resale?

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 06:04 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,547,697 times
I don't know of a Three Oaks in Palmer Ranch. Here is the link to Palmer Ranch communities: http://www.palmerranchatsarasota.com/

Here is a description of Three Oaks in Sarasota.

If you are seeking a newer built home you should consider taking a look at the neighborhood of Three Oaks. This charming subdivision is located right off Proctor Road, ensuring you will have complete convenience to all of the many amenities and services in the local area. Three Oaks is comprised of just fewer than 300 homes that are primarily newer structures that were built in the 1990s and 2000s. The residents here adore the higher ceilings, fantastic lake views, hurricane codes and the natural light that these new homes provide.

Not only do the homes of Three Oaks offer amenities and highly desirable features, but residents here are also able to enjoy excellent convenience as well. I-75 is only minutes away, ensuring that you can reach shopping and dining within only minutes. The world class beaches of Sarasota are also located within just a few minutes of Three Oaks. In addition, the downtown district of Sarasota provides convenient access to excellent shopping centers and much more.

Golfing opportunities abound in the local area. You will discover that no matter what your level of play and experience might happen to be, there are plenty of championship golf courses located within the immediate area. In addition, there are excellent boating and fishing opportunities available within the local area as well. You can take your boat and be out on the water in practically no time when you make your home at Three Oaks.

Everything you could desire in a well-established neighborhood can be found in Three Oaks. When you want to be near world class amenities, but still enjoy the comfort and feel of an established community, Three Oaks is the definitive choice. Preview the outstanding homes at Three Oaks and find your ideal home.

Schools that students in Three Oaks would attend: Ashton Elementary, Sarasota Middle, and Riverview High.

Three Oaks is deed restricted. The HOA fees are $600 per year. There is a playground but no other amenities.

Here are the current listings in Three Oaks

Three Oaks community of Palmer Ranch-three-oaks.jpg

Old 03-28-2012, 10:43 AM

831 posts, read 2,437,330 times
I lived in Three Oaks (off Proctor Road) its not part of Palmer Ranch at all. They have their own association. I lived in the newer section (Eastwind Drive) I had a fenced in yard which most of my neighbors did too. It is a very nice neighborhood never had any problems. The school district is Ashton however the High School is Sarasota not Riverview. I loved the location so close to everything. Feel free to ask any questions.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:08 PM

4,614 posts, read 7,535,442 times
Three Oaks is a smaller neighborhood of 274 homes built between 1999 and 2004. It is not part of Palmer Ranch, it is located next door to Palmer Ranch.

The homes are contemporary in style, some have 3 car garages. Back yard fencing is allowed. I'd suggest reading a copy of the deed restrictions so you'll know the process to install fencing if the homes you're looking at don't already have fencing.

The neighborhood is popular with buyers because of location, good school districts and the fact that it's a well maintained community.

As mentioned by dmc, the high school district is Sarsota High, not Riverview. Sarasota middle school was ranked #16 in the state by the FL Dept of Education in their most recent rankings of FL schools, with Sarasota high coming in at #119 and Riverview High at #161. Ashton Elementary is an A rated school, as are most of Sarasota's elementary schools.

To see the ratings and rankings of each school in Sarasota county, here is the link to the state website:
https://app2.fldoe.org/Ranking/Schools/RankDetailDist.aspx?dist=58

Old 03-28-2012, 12:41 PM

14 posts, read 34,033 times
Thanks for the replies everyone. I get confused the with neighborhood names (definitely not like NY!) so thanks for the clarification.

I am still trying to get the lay of the land so I feel good knowing Three Oaks is well-located. That was a big concern for us.

I assure you I will be back with questions!

Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,547,697 times
The MLS listings show that Riverview is the High School, so I am not sure what is up with that. Did they do some re-districting or are the listing agents just not putting in the correct information? Not sure.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:59 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
I'm almost positive Three Oaks is in Riverview district. You can go here and verify: Sarasota County Schools Long Range Planning

Cedar Oak Way is one of the streets in there. You can search by address and it does come up as Riverview High. I just called a friend of mine who lives in there and she confirmed her daughter goes to Riverview.

I know several families who live in there and like it.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:56 AM

831 posts, read 2,437,330 times
Cedar Oak Way is on the other side of Proctor and it may very well be Riverview School District, but I assure you that if you live off Eastwind it is Sarasota High School. My daughter had to be placed on a waiting list for Riverview. My neice and nephew also live in same section of Three Oaks and had to attend Sarasota High School as well. IMHO it doesn't make any sense Riverview is right down the street.

Also Just an FYI for the Realtors when I was selling my home others realtors just assumed it was Riverview however I guess it all depends on which side of the street you live on. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area