Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 03:43 PM

103 posts, read 295,300 times

Advertisements

Is this University Pkwy community OK? Some homes look nice, others questionable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 06:53 PM

4,626 posts, read 7,559,548 times
The Trails is a deed restricted subdivision built in the late 1980's to early 2000's located just north of Tallevast Rd in south Manatee county. The neighborhood has a Sarasota mailing address in zip code 34243. HOA fees run about $420/year.

The homes are contemporary and have features such as paver driveways. The Trails actually has 2 sections - the west section is where the community pool is located, the east section is across Tuttle Ave and backs up to Quail Run subdivision, another nice little subdivision you may wish to check into if you are considering the Trails. Just south is Matoaka Heights, another contemporary, deed restricted community of homes priced in the $200k range. South of Tamoaka Heights are a few homes that are not deed restricted, some keep their yards up and others are more lax about it.

The western part of the subdivision fronts to Prospect. There are cow pastures to the south and north, a new subdivision Cottages at Blu Vista is on the west side of the road just north of the Trails entrance. I frequently cut thru the Trails over to Tuttle when school is letting out at Kinnan elementary to avoid the traffic jam. (Yes, I live in the area.) Just north of the Trails on Prospect at the Whitfield intersection is a very nice veggie stand that also sells fresh farm eggs and some baked goods.

The Trails does still have some homes in various stages of foreclosure, which is what you may be referring to as the questionable homes. Unfortunately homes in foreclosure are often left vacant or rented to tenants who know the landlord doesn't really care what the tenant does as the bank will one day be taking back the property.

I happen to like the area in what is frequently called the University Parkway corridor. I often go northwest to Bradenton or south to Sarasota, so I am located between both. It's close to Lakewood Ranch, several shopping centers (including a small outlet mall) and location of the soon to be built new 2 story mall. Most of the subdivisions are newer, built within the last 15 years as this area used to be cow pastures and orange groves (although I do miss the orange groves). A lot of little restaurants have moved into the area in the past few years, plus a lot of big chain stores. We have 4 super Walmarts within 9 miles of my home, plus a Home Depot and a Lowe's. When my golf addict brother comes to visit he has lots of nearby options for golfing. In the cooler months we often drive over to Lakewood Ranch and walk the nature trails or take in the activities such as Music on Main street. When I need to go to south Sarasota I hop on I-75 and can be down to Clark Rd in no time.

My suggestion would be to check it out yourself and see if you like the Trails. If not, there are a number of other neighborhoods in the area that may be a better fit for your family and most are in a similar price range.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,373 times
The trails is an incredible location. It is has amazing homes for the price. I bought mine 17 years ago and we have loved the location. It is close to everything Beaches the new UTC mall , SRQ and quick travel to I 75. I have lived in many areas of Sarasota/ Bradenton and the Foreclosure homes left in the trails is very low- I only knew of one left and its was purchased quickly. If anyone knows of any others in trails please tell me because I will buy them as fast as I can ! I rate the subdivision an A + for lifestyle ,privacy and value. Have a great day!

Old 01-16-2018, 07:14 PM

7 posts, read 8,558 times
I heard the trails have tennis courts how many and are they strictly for residents only

Old 01-16-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnactouch View Post
I heard the trails have tennis courts how many and are they strictly for residents only
The community tennis court and pool in The Trails are restricted to residents only. If you're looking for public tennis courts, you might try the park in north Sarasota at the SE corner of Tuttle and 17th St. Or make friends with someone who has a club membership at the Palm Aire or Meadows golf clubs.

Old 01-17-2018, 05:37 PM

Thanks for your reply to my question we are buying a house in the trails just looking for sone info on the area

Old 01-17-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your reply to my question we are buying a house in the trails just looking for sone info on the area

The community pool and tennis court are off of the entrance on Prospect.

Old 01-18-2018, 05:57 AM

How is the hoa is it very restrictive . does the tennis courts gets used if i went over to play would i get a game. Looking forward to moving there thanks for your replys on my messages Donna

Old 01-19-2018, 05:50 AM

Can you give me the name of the HOA management co and phone number please thanks Donna

Old 01-19-2018, 11:05 AM

4,896 posts, read 14,152,767 times
Quote:
Do you have a realtor to get you your documents?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area