Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2018, 11:28 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,843,453 times

Advertisements

If this has been posted before, I apologize. But I'm getting really sick of Frontier's antics, both customer service and price. Is Comcast any better? Or is it worse. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 12:15 PM

4,621 posts, read 7,545,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
If this has been posted before, I apologize. But I'm getting really sick of Frontier's antics, both customer service and price. Is Comcast any better? Or is it worse. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Comcast made the top of the list last year for most hated companies.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/350979/co...-hated-company

Old 02-13-2018, 06:42 PM

66 posts, read 60,221 times
Both services suck but near me, comcast sucks less.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:47 PM

747 posts, read 848,524 times
Agreed! What about Spectrum or Direct TV?

Old 02-16-2018, 06:16 AM

733 posts, read 761,676 times
Hard to know what the poster is after - internet, tv, or both. For all, the service is fine. I don't recall anyone saying the product itself, at least internet, ever has issues. So once you are set up, hopefully you never have to contact anyone's customer service and you'll be fine.

They are all expensive. They all have introductory offers, so if you want to keep switching every few years to save money, that's your best bet. After the introductory period, they will be expensive.

Basic TV is probably fine with all. I'm a big DVR user, so that plays a part for me. I've had DirecTV for years, and the DVR experience is awesome. But with any satellite, you WILL lose your signal for 5-15 minutes during heavy downpours. Sometimes, this is not a big deal. Other times, it will come right in the middle of the Super Bowl, which sucks. Again, sometimes it's just a few minutes at a time, but so far for us, the benefits of DirecTV have outweighed the occasional outage.

We have Frontier for internet. $45/mo introductory, then $79/mo.

Ultimately, it's a pick-your-poison choice.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:29 AM

25,777 posts, read 12,840,301 times
I went with Xfinity, which is a new brand name Comcast made up to market their residential wifi/cable services by, after their Executives destroyed the Comcast brand name. They are doing all they can for consumers to forget the word Comcast (sounds a bit like Dentist). But I degress...

For me, the Xfinity=Comcast decision was a TRAIN WRECK.

I'll spare you the details, but after 3 wks & ~20 phone hours, I finally wised up and went to their store in Venice (US 41).

Thats how I got the train back on track. How did I not figure this out sooner? I found the Xfinity employees at the retail store to be empathetic (I needed some), knowlegeable, & effective. Within 72 hours, I had service. Since then...fine.

Now, I'm moving again...ugh! This time, we're starting off at the Xfinity store, and NOT on the phone. Stay tuned. Maybe this time I won't have to run my company from a nearby Starbuck's for 3 weeks, and not have to pay for service tech visits that were their fault (Xfinity Tech arrives, realizes he doesn't have what he needs, returns 3 days later, and I get charged $60 for a service call. Tried arguing with the HQ Execs, but it was pay the $60, and move on, or start all over with Frontier. Starbucks was costing me more than $60/week, so I paid Xfinity the #$%&*'g $60).

Why would I go to Comcast=Xfinity again? I heard Frontier's service is no better, their upload/download speeds are slower, and I've already learned how to circumvent Xfinity=Comcast's Pakistan-based customer no-service systems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: