Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 06:58 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
hell will freeze over before I ever deal with BofA again...we even refuses to deal with buyers who have finance through them

I can use my Englewood debit card at any ATM
Yeppers. I hadn't even closed on the house before I started planning to refinance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 09:35 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,103,833 times
A couple of years ago we refinanced a rental property with B of A. Started in June. Didn't close til December. Six friggin months of calling the loan processor weekly. I was on the verge of getting laid off. Had to make HR think I was going to sue them for age discrimination if they laid me off. Just trying to hang in there until the loan closed. The day it closed, I said take this job and shove it.

BofA's slowness was mainly due to the appraiser not understanding the zoning regulations that apply to an accessory unit and therefore declaring this house to be a duplex in an area zoned single family. We provided the underwriter with the city regulations (perfectly legal--city encouraged accessory units to meet low income housing mandates). the underwriter wouldn't buy it.

The underwriting hassles exceeding the 90 day life of the appraisal, not once, but twice. We had to have it appraised 3 times.

I will never do business with BofA again. Nor Wells Fargo.

We had switched most of our banking to Wells Fargo about 7 years ago. The Wells Fargo rep in Sarasota treated us horribly. Practically said we must be lying about our rental income just because CA rents are almost double from Sarasota rents. I think the banks there have to deal with many more scammers and are super cautious because people are trying to defraud them regularly.

Oh and did I mention about 4 years ago, B of A sold us a foreclosure they did not own. Too sad. They used to be a good bank.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:13 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,440,025 times
We have a temporary account with Wells just until we get settled in, then looking local again. I understand your frustrations with BofA, Wells. Had the same problem getting a loan with Wells. Absolute PITA. Had to take the loan elsewhere.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:54 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post
A couple of years ago we refinanced a rental property with B of A. Started in June. Didn't close til December. Six friggin months of calling the loan processor weekly. I was on the verge of getting laid off. Had to make HR think I was going to sue them for age discrimination if they laid me off. Just trying to hang in there until the loan closed. The day it closed, I said take this job and shove it.

BofA's slowness was mainly due to the appraiser not understanding the zoning regulations that apply to an accessory unit and therefore declaring this house to be a duplex in an area zoned single family. We provided the underwriter with the city regulations (perfectly legal--city encouraged accessory units to meet low income housing mandates). the underwriter wouldn't buy it.

The underwriting hassles exceeding the 90 day life of the appraisal, not once, but twice. We had to have it appraised 3 times.

I will never do business with BofA again. Nor Wells Fargo.

We had switched most of our banking to Wells Fargo about 7 years ago. The Wells Fargo rep in Sarasota treated us horribly. Practically said we must be lying about our rental income just because CA rents are almost double from Sarasota rents. I think the banks there have to deal with many more scammers and are super cautious because people are trying to defraud them regularly.

Oh and did I mention about 4 years ago, B of A sold us a foreclosure they did not own. Too sad. They used to be a good bank.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:06 PM

35 posts, read 36,673 times
No responses because you can't trust any of them. Stick to a credit union. Banking is no on-line. I can scan and send my deposits to TX. Pay my bills from home.

Are you ex-military or related to any? USAA is the best. Banking, insurance, and many other serices. Been with them for 30 years for a reason. They are not out to gouge members and make super bucks.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:01 AM
CTC

668 posts, read 1,465,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
hell will freeze over before I ever deal with BofA again...we even refuses to deal with buyers who have finance through them

I can use my Englewood debit card at any ATM
Wow that seems pretty extreme. I have 2 mortgages through B of A never had any problems. One was even on a short sale in North Port which they made happen.

When I refinanced through them and they were prompt and courteous-sent some one over to our house with all of the paperwork. Only took a few days to complete from the first phone call.

We use Suntrust in the NP area where we keep a small account (not there full time) They have treated us well-no complaints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area