Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 06:10 PM

287 posts, read 300,127 times

Advertisements

Dear Made In Italy:

I want to tell you we can’t go on like this, but I’d be lying. You keep making the best Italian food I’ve eaten since I visited Italy and my appetite seems insatiable. My wife tries her best, but it’s like my taste buds don’t awaken until I’m in your booth.

Today was no different than my last two visits, except my wife wasn’t with me. I’m not sure I should see you without her, but I don’t care; I’ll bring her some leftovers. I was working in Venice today and I kept putting off lunch, knowing you were so near. Like the woman at the party last night with the low-cut dress, you kept popping into my mind all day. I had to see you.

You teased me with the homemade bread and the olive oil/balsamic dip. You know it’s 4:30 and I’m starving, but like a strip tease you make me self- restrain and I hate you for it. My salad arrives and provides some relief. The creamy goat cheese contrasts perfectly with the mixed vegetables, greens, and tableside dressing. I ate every cherry tomato and I don’t even like cherry tomatoes. Except when they’re from you. The bread mopped the plate clean. I would have licked it, but I’m afraid my wife would have walked in and caught me.

The black pasta with seafood was exquisite of course and I always take the chef’s suggestion as to the spicy olive oil garnish. The chef could suggest I howl at the moon before eating and I’d be on all fours baying like a wolf on the sidewalk out front, such is the power you have over me.

Tramp that I am, I’m caught ogling the pizza at the adjacent table and they even offer me a slice. “It’s the best in town,” he says authoritatively. Like he’s giving me directions “Take the next left.”

I’ve paced myself, but it’s no use. I can’t finish. Again. Okay, an espresso, but that’s it. We’re through.

Except for the bread. Teasing again, the server must check if there is enough to last the night before he will sell me a loaf to go. He brings my bill and my bread. Tomorrow morning’s toast with the melted butter dripping through the air holes and splattering my lap as I eat are also our messy delicious affair.

Until next time; all my love,

Shabotnik
Attached Thumbnails
Dear Made In Italy-img_2255.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 06:56 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,936,557 times
I don't get the hype with this place. We drove all the way down there just to have lunch a couple of months ago. It was fine but not better than that. Overpriced too as a bonus.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:57 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,348,358 times
Tell you what though, I've never been there, but they have phenomenal Google Maps reviews.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
I don't get the hype with this place. We drove all the way down there just to have lunch a couple of months ago. It was fine but not better than that. Overpriced too as a bonus.
Obrero:

We can debate food quality until we're blue in the face, but the prices on the menu don't lie. They are very competitive.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:18 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,936,557 times
Nah the prices are steep for portion size and ingredients.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:58 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,152,641 times
if this is the place on Venice Ave...we love Cassariano so much that we never get to try MII

Old 12-19-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
if this is the place on Venice Ave...we love Cassariano so much that we never get to try MII
Ohhh…I may have a new fling…

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: