Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 09:28 PM

34 posts, read 42,179 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am 27 year young working professional moving to Sarasota next month. I'll be working near town center, however I would like to live either near one of the beaches and/or around other young professionals.

I understand Sarasota Downtown is the place to be. Any specific apartment recommendations?

My monthly budget is $1,000 (or less) and I have a dog that weighs approx. 55 lbs.

Would love to hear some recommendations!

Thanks in advance,

RJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 07:47 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,688,778 times
st. Pete.

Honestly, Downtown for $1000, and a large dog? Not happening.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:36 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoman_6 View Post
st. Pete.

Honestly, Downtown for $1000, and a large dog? Not happening.
He said he is working in SARASOTA. He is not going to want to commute from St. Pete. Downtown St. Pete is pretty expensive as well.

OP, when you say you are working near "town center" do you mean downtown or near the University Town Center? I will say that you are going to have difficulties no matter what with a "large dog" - that might be a deal breaker.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:39 AM

707 posts, read 1,051,856 times
Not realistic with $1000 budget. Maybe downtown Bradenton.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:14 PM

4,615 posts, read 7,535,442 times
For $1000 a month your options are very limited here as far as rentals go, the inventory is very low, especially in that price range. Generally, the closer you get to the beach, the more expensive the rentals.

Most condos do not allow tenants to have pets, condos are the typical rental in your price range. However, there are some apartment complexes that are pet friendly, you may find a one bedroom in your price range, perhaps even a 2 bedroom, depending on the complex.

For apartment rentals you might try:
Lost Creek Apartments in Lakewood Ranch
Turnbury Park at Palm Aire
Tuscany Apartments on University Pkwy
Traditions at Palm Aire
TGM Palm Aire
Timberlake Apartments

All of those are near the University Town Center.

Have you checked out the site www.rent.com for listings? I've seen their ad on TV recently. They claim they have procedures to keep out scam rental listings.

Considering the lack of rentals in your price range at all, plus you are bringing a dog which narrows down your options further, if it were me I would concentrate on just finding a place to live that works for my budget and allows pets, then worry about finding other young professionals to hang out with once you get here.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:45 PM

171 posts, read 181,113 times
Check out the Gulf Gate area where I live. It is a great area to live with Siesta Key being close(1.1 mile from me), a great library, and hundreds of shops, restaurants, and bars. It is not a ritzy area which is why the prices seem fair and why I like it. I believe the Gulf Gate apts. are under $1,000/mo. but not sure. I-75 is 4 or 5 miles away if you have to commute. Not much crime as it it a very homogenous population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area