Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 11:52 PM

63 posts, read 193,912 times

Advertisements

I am very new in town.

I am an independent, successful and very presentable working professional lady, age 29 female, looking to get into the dating scene.

Where do single professional men with good job, preferably 'not' beyond age 36 or 37, hang around after work or on weekend. How to meet these single quality men. Any clubs/associations or functions to join?

Where do male professional (e.g. Amazon, Microsoft etc.) hang out after work.

Where to meet quality single bachelor, not players, in Seattle.

I am new in Seattle and I have no one to ask. I have very few friends in town.

Please advise.

Last edited by sleeplesspeach; 12-02-2012 at 11:58 PM.. Reason: serious grammar mistake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 10:13 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,445,053 times
Chatrooms and online forums?

More seriously, what kinds of activities do you enjoy? Go with a group found on MeetUp.com that caters to your interests and meet people that way.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 AM

are people that attend meetup events single?
is meet up event popular in Seattle.
What are the differences, if any, of guys in Seattle vs. neighbouring cities e.g. Bellevue

Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,445,053 times
They can be, depending on the meet up. It's a good way to meet guys who have single friends too. There are some that are Single-specific, and have a variety of activities scheduled all the time.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:40 AM

507 posts, read 1,669,487 times
If you work for one of those companies you don;t have any time to hang out after work. You drag yourself home straight onto your couch after a very long day at the office

Old 12-03-2012, 11:57 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,436,284 times
Ok so I'm not single but I have sort of been single for the past few months. In general, I haven't seen a singles scene or anything like that.

Not surprisingly, Amazon people hang out at the restaurants and bars near SLU.

Brave Horse Tavern is a popular place after work to get a few drinks. But you won't generally find single guys by themselves as they are usually in small groups. It's like that pretty much everywhere at the local hang out places.

The bars in Capitol Hill are also pretty popular but you get a lot of non-Amazon types there too.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:28 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,845,745 times
Much more true of Amazon these days, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitoUK View Post
If you work for one of those companies you don;t have any time to hang out after work. You drag yourself home straight onto your couch after a very long day at the office

Old 12-03-2012, 06:03 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,672,864 times
I have no clue where to go... but for what it's worth I just learned from a recently published Psychology textbook that highlights some research indicating couples who meet online have longer-lasting/more successful relationships than those who meet in person. I found this to be interesting, but not really surprising. If I were single, I would be very discriminating for certain traits (which sounds to me that you would be too) and would probably look for a way to minimize wasted time/effort, etc. I'm sure there is something out there that is specific to the area. Otherwise I would suggest joining a recreational group, or something that caters to a "lifestyle" activity, many of which require a certain allowance of income to engage in or sustain. Maybe try R.E.I.??? Certain activities attract certain personalities... so ask yourself what your concept of "Mr. Right" would do for fun and seek opportunities that will allow you to interact with individuals involved in those. Hopefully, they would be activities that you would find rewarding and life-enhancing anyway.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 PM

do Seattle men come approach girls table if they see a girl they like in restaurant, lounge or coffee shop?

Old 12-03-2012, 07:22 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,436,284 times
I went to an afternoon kayaking outing via REI a few months ago. It was pretty fun but I wouldn't really call it a singles scene. It was more older folks although we did all get along and had fun so it might work.

supposedly 20% or so of all marriages in the US start online these days so online is pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area