Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 08:43 PM

72 posts, read 139,847 times

Advertisements

Not a post of any urgency. Just curious about this one.

Yesterday, July 12th, 2015, a house went up for sale on School Street in Venice. Low price on an interesting house with a good looking in-ground pool. However, from the pics on Realtor.com, the house sure has a strange layout.

Anyway, looking at the area on Google maps/streetview, I saw that there's a nearby street by the name of Country Club Way. I find it rather odd that there is no actual country club/golf course attached to this road.

There is, however, a large expanse of land where the road ends at it's southern end which has baseball fields and a track with signage for Special Olympics. So I'm wondering if that area was once a country club. Anyone from the area know?

Country Club Way runs north/south just east of 41 and south of Venice Avenue.

Oh, and after just one day on Realtor.com, the house on School street is already shown to have a sale pending! If we had been ready for our move (or even getting close) I'd have been looking into this property immediately.

Again, just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 06:33 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,555,950 times
The homes on Country Club Way in Venice are smaller homes built in the 1980's. The area is called Edgewood Section of Venice. The park at the end of the road is called By-Pass Park. It has softball fields, tennis courts, basketball courts and picnic areas. There is no country club, it is just the name of the road.

Link to the Park - https://www.scgov.net/parks/Pages/Fo...yPassPark.aspx

It says the park was donated by the West Coast Inland Navigation District in 1986 for development as a park. It has 38 acres.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:31 PM

72 posts, read 139,847 times
Thank you for the response and info, TamRE!

Old 07-15-2015, 04:41 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,107,647 times
I appreciate your curiosity and effort to get to the bottom of something that doesn't make a lot of sense.

In our old stomping grounds, it was always amusing to me that there were streets on the edge of the desert with names like "Ocean View".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: