Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 06:53 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times

Advertisements

We picked our grandson up yesterday PM from his pre-school and on way home we were rear-ended at the Venice Main stoplight...had been stopped for while--not like a yellow-light caught us.
Two accidents in FL--both in July--both not our fault...
This one, fortunately, not more than hard fender-bender with some damage to our SUV but no one hurt...
unlike earlier one where both cars were totaled....and we were lucky to escape serious injury...

Her explanation for running up on our bumper -- "I just didn't stop soon enough..."
You think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 07:11 AM

184 posts, read 234,844 times
My goodness how scary ! Glad no one was hurt. Slow down people !!

Old 07-17-2015, 07:22 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
You have to wonder if they were using their phone at the time.

Old 07-17-2015, 07:40 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,105,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
We picked our grandson up yesterday PM from his pre-school and on way home we were rear-ended at the Venice Main stoplight...had been stopped for while--not like a yellow-light caught us.
Two accidents in FL--both in July--both not our fault...
This one, fortunately, not more than hard fender-bender with some damage to our SUV but no one hurt...
unlike earlier one where both cars were totaled....and we were lucky to escape serious injury...

Her explanation for running up on our bumper -- "I just didn't stop soon enough..."
You think?
Not like defensive driving would have protected you from that. And these accidents were not even in season when the streets are packed with bad drivers. What rotten luck.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:01 AM

2,407 posts, read 3,188,935 times
Just curious was it a young driver? That explanation sounds like an inexperienced driver. Glad everyone was OK.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:14 AM

Her DL says about 28
Looks like she is on her parents' insurance from the card

My husband said maybe she was on her phone
She said she was on way to work so maybe running late-- this happened just after 4pm
Right before rain opened up again...

We were lucky our SUV did not run up on car in front of us--actually not "lucky"--
my husband is defensive driver and was leaving room between us and car in front like always...
Her car hit our trailer hitch and punctured her radiator we think
Older Ford Escape

Just glad our grandson was not scared/hurt

First accident we had in FL was night he was born-- on way home from hospital we were T-boned by older Toyota Sequoia running light at Stickney Point
That was scary!

Old 07-17-2015, 09:40 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Glad you and your family weren't hurt, it's never a good feeling no matter how minor, but, it's good to hear there weren't any major injuries. I've experienced two major and several minor at the hands of other not so attentive drivers. As stated, you can't do anything about the other drivers when they are just determined to cause havoc and you aren't able to get out of their way no matter how skilled a driver you are. All I know is my cases, the other drivers were ticketed, not me and they had to pay for financial damages.

Again, glad you all turned out ok at least in this instance.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:49 AM

We didn't involve police
Thought they wouldn't come out if no one was injured
Plus would likely have taken an hour for cruiser to show up
I never see any police presence in Venice downtown

Old 07-17-2015, 10:01 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
We didn't involve police
Thought they wouldn't come out if no one was injured
Plus would likely have taken an hour for cruiser to show up
I never see any police presence in Venice downtown
I've seen it and I don't even live there LOL I had to get out of their way in Downtown Venice.

But depending on the damages sometimes it's better not get your insurance involved. It's a risk you take, I have taking it twice and the other party paid to fix the cars but you never know. Of course if it's more than your deductible I would call the police and open a claim. Even if it's not your fault they can cancel your insurance if you make too many claims. I drive a lot in highways and that's one of my biggest fears. Aren't insurance companies wonderful?

Old 07-17-2015, 10:06 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,441 times
I'm always glad to see nobody was hurt in an accident... especially the little one...
I'd also bet that the driver was either texting or surfing or talking on the phone.
Doing so can be deadly... and am happy, as I said before, none of you were injured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: