Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,560 times

Advertisements

I have had some people charge me $120 service call. Others don't show up, break something or tell me the whole unit needs to be replaced when it doesn't. Can anyone recommend someone who is reputable, under $100 service call, and will do a good job the first time?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 05:11 PM

285 posts, read 639,332 times
I've been very satisfied with N&M Cool Today (N&M Cool Today - Air Conditioning Sarasota - Plumber - Electrician). If you buy the newspaper or get the weekly advertisement stuff in your mailbox then they have coupons for $59 service call or for a free service call if you spend over $100 on actual service (for first time customers only).

That said, Cool Today may not be your least expensive choice. However they won't try to rip you off either & they'll try their best to save your unit. When I first moved here I had a fly-by-night a/c company perform routine maintenance on my units and after they were done they tried to sell me whole house surge protectors even though I already had them in my electric panels. Cool Today doesn't do that sort of nonsense. Good luck.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:21 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,345,307 times
I had my AC replaced 6 months ago with Air Comfort Services. They did very well at a reasonable price.

355-4444.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:22 AM

103 posts, read 295,029 times
Default Don't use Delta-Air!!!

I had a very bad experience with this company and their service tech. Poor Customer service and their technician was all about upselling instead---I repeat--DO NOT use them---
Arctic Air in Bradenton, on the other hand did a fantastic job and showed up with in 2 hours!

Old 09-26-2013, 02:09 PM

697 posts, read 1,170,390 times
Might even be able to repair ir yourself...the most problematic issue is the capacitor(s)

Old 09-27-2013, 11:54 AM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times
Northern Air of Bradenton. 758-7007

Just had a service call, it was $89 and parts $36. Didn't try to tell me the AC needed expensive work or replaced, as many would have done.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:11 AM

807 posts, read 3,187,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetchy2 View Post
I've been very satisfied with N&M Cool Today (N&M Cool Today - Air Conditioning Sarasota - Plumber - Electrician). If you buy the newspaper or get the weekly advertisement stuff in your mailbox then they have coupons for $59 service call or for a free service call if you spend over $100 on actual service (for first time customers only).

That said, Cool Today may not be your least expensive choice. However they won't try to rip you off either & they'll try their best to save your unit. When I first moved here I had a fly-by-night a/c company perform routine maintenance on my units and after they were done they tried to sell me whole house surge protectors even though I already had them in my electric panels. Cool Today doesn't do that sort of nonsense. Good luck.
Interesting post here... The first paragraph reads like an ad.

I had a young man apply for a service position with me recently. He worked for "Energy Today" and was tired of the company policies about pressuring customers into more work for profit than was necessary. He was working lots of hours and making a lot of money, but just didn't feel good about his job. There are several companies that work this way.
The $59 (or other rate) is paying a salesman to come and tell you all the things needed to repair or replace. If you decide to proceed, he changes his hat to a serviceman and now you're paying for services rendered (legitimate or not). The idea is to convince the customer that they will get something for free.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:55 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,348,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by On-da-Beach View Post
Interesting post here... The first paragraph reads like an ad.
Click his name, then click view all posts. You can see that he's clearly not advertising on city-data. Save your face next time, research then report. Maybe he works for DirectTV too because he said they are good. what about the pizza shop he recommended, might work there too. Oh no!

Old 09-29-2013, 02:39 PM

16 posts, read 27,977 times
We just used honest air and they did a good job. We went through 3 different companies getting second opinions before we decided to get a new unit. We then got quotes from 5 companies. Honest air came in $600 under the lowest bid. They did a great job. They did accidentally crack a pipe for the well but fixed it. They offered to have a plumber come out but I told them its not necessary since my husband 8s a plumber and can check for himself. Other than that which was an accident they did a great job. I would recommend them.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:11 PM

807 posts, read 3,187,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
Click his name, then click view all posts. You can see that he's clearly not advertising on city-data. Save your face next time, research then report. Maybe he works for DirectTV too because he said they are good. what about the pizza shop he recommended, might work there too. Oh no!
Excuse me. Nice effort to correct my post. Reread it. I said it reads like an ad, not that it was an ad. I didn't mention media providers or pizza so I don't know where the attitude comes from.
The poster had an enthusiastic comment about a company I've had nothing but negative professional experiences with so I passed that on. Save face?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area