Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 10:29 AM

197 posts, read 183,130 times

Advertisements

Short Supply, in nany areas of the country, will be interesting to see inventory levels in Sarasota, when Board reports next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 11:45 AM

22 posts, read 28,055 times
The Bloomberg writer presented a cogent reality:

"The pressure is building in the pressure cooker, and at some point that's going to need to be released,"

Although the writer was focusing on third party investors, they do play a significant role here in FL where large headge funds gobbled up houses all around SWFL and took product off the market, hence created an artificial shortage then resulting in fairly inflated prices. There is little doubt that the Sarasota/Manatee market is already overpriced at least by 20%, and I see evidence of the beginning of a much needed correction in key price points.

I wouldn't touch most of these houses (new construction) at these levels. They're stupidly pricing them. And some of these builders and developers must be drunk or on drugs - from Lakewood Ranch to Lockwood Ridge/Whitfield to North Fort Myers and Bonita Springs. Even Venice is stupidly priced (new), near the key.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:33 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShyster View Post
The Bloomberg writer presented a cogent reality:

"The pressure is building in the pressure cooker, and at some point that's going to need to be released,"

Although the writer was focusing on third party investors, they do play a significant role here in FL where large headge funds gobbled up houses all around SWFL and took product off the market, hence created an artificial shortage then resulting in fairly inflated prices. There is little doubt that the Sarasota/Manatee market is already overpriced at least by 20%, and I see evidence of the beginning of a much needed correction in key price points.

I wouldn't touch most of these houses (new construction) at these levels. They're stupidly pricing them. And some of these builders and developers must be drunk or on drugs - from Lakewood Ranch to Lockwood Ridge/Whitfield to North Fort Myers and Bonita Springs. Even Venice is stupidly priced (new), near the key.
You said that when you were Cap'nCrunch.... right before your posts all got deleted.

I think you really believe all that garbage. How sad.

There is little doubt the Sarasota/Manatee market is underpriced at least by 20%.

Old 07-16-2016, 07:55 AM

31 posts, read 23,599 times
The run-up of prices on single family houses all over southwest Florida shows that prices are in fact overpriced, and the major builders like Lennar are currently reducing prices not increasing them, which means they were overpriced already.Looking around at properties by Neal Communities, any knowledgeable and seasoned buyer should see that the prices are sky high, even compared to 18 months ago.

Old 08-12-2016, 12:02 PM

147 posts, read 173,685 times
Another interesting read today, Happy Friday!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hit-f...000000973.html

Old 08-12-2016, 05:59 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
You said that when you were Cap'nCrunch.... right before your posts all got deleted.

I think you really believe all that garbage. How sad.

There is little doubt the Sarasota/Manatee market is underpriced at least by 20%.
That's just silly. Underpriced?

I think it is fairly priced...or close.

I know folks who just had to drop the price of a top-notch property they built on spec. It's in the middle range also.

I think the SRQ RE fluctuates in a range of about 10-15% on either side of a center...but it is not under or overpriced. You may be able to pay too much or get a deal, but it is luck of the draw or timing.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:06 AM

18 posts, read 14,037 times
Underpriced ? by 20%

We've already seen price REDUCTIONS by a few national and regional builders by 7-12% especially in key corridors of developments.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:34 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,226,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xia Sgan View Post
Underpriced ? by 20%
That's right Capn Shekie.
At least you're trying to get more creative with your new names.

Old 08-13-2016, 04:20 PM

407 posts, read 828,879 times
I'm hoping the real estate market levels out. Real estate goes up and up and the salaries stay the same. I cannot believe how much prices have increased in the past few years!

Old 08-15-2016, 02:01 PM

11 posts, read 13,354 times
You will always pay a premium the closer you are to the water. Out State road 64 ETC the money they are asking for new construction homes is crazy. The season will hit and it will take you 45-60 mins to get to the beach. Thats the problem with a lot of nice areas in Florida. The people that have the money think nothing of dropping 450k-800k for a new house considering what they can get down here compared to up north. You will also get a lot of people who comute to Tampa every day from the likes of Lakewood Ranch and communities north of there who can make more money.It really depends on where you are looking. I have to agree certain areas are over priced by 20% Gulfgate being one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area