Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 07:46 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,823,674 times

Advertisements

See thread "What is wrong with Sarasota?" - post by LeavingFL4Seasons on page 7 - excellent analysis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 08:48 AM

69 posts, read 235,931 times
Sarasota is a beautiful area and Siesta Key Beach has in the past been named one of the Top 10 Beaches in the World, the sand is powdery white. There's nothing like watching a sunset from this beach. I think every city has some undesirable ares to be in but you just need to know where they are. Osprey, Nokomis and Venice are bedroom communities of Sarasota and are little quieter but sometimes a cheaper location to stay in and/or purchase in (I would be more than happy to give you some recommendations of contacts, just email me). You can find a lot of information pictures, statistics on Florida City-Data for each city above. There's always something to do, craft fairs, parades, festivals, plays, etc. I have lived in Venice for 9 years now, and I love it, and I often tell everyone that I sleep in Venice but I play in Sarasota.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:57 AM

11 posts, read 43,407 times
Default North Sarasota

I wouldn't rule out the area north of Fruteville...it has its "west of the trail" neighborhoods, Indian Beach, Saffire Shores...it is also an area that includes the Ringling School of Art and Design, the Ringling Museum, and, the New College of south Florida...I have lived in this area, and, live east of the trail currently, but, have another property west of the trail which is currently for sale...in the Indian Beach area people walk to the Bay evenings for the sunset, and, meet thier neighbours...I certainly have enjoyed these areas that are near and north of downtown.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:52 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,657 times
everyone says sarasota is more expensive than bradenton, is it the taxes? houses seem to be pretty comparable and insurance also.
how close is 34233 sarasota to east bradenton area 34202?

Old 03-23-2008, 11:14 AM

20 posts, read 55,126 times
Not sure why Fruitville has been designated as the "crime line" north and south.
There are pockets of lower income neighborhoods in different areas of Sarasota and Manatee (Bradenton) counties. Even west of us 41... so it is more important to know what type of neighborhood your looking for, do you want to drive to everything, do you want many amenities, The Meadows is just north of Fruitville and is an established golf community and runs the length of Honore south to Fruitville. 34233 has nice areas and so does 34202. Property Taxes are less expensive in Bradenton. Insurance varies and can be dependant on the age of the home or the county zoning. There are areas in North Sarasota that have a Sarasota address, but are actually in Bradenton and you pay lower taxes!

Old 03-24-2008, 07:20 AM

331 posts, read 1,545,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
how close is 34233 sarasota to east bradenton area 34202?
About 12-20 minutes via I-75 when there's no traffic.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:44 AM

20 posts, read 55,126 times
You are right outsider1... Approximately 18.2 miles can be quick.. I use to drive it in 10 minutes (those where the days!) But the side road traffic is what kills the commute time... add another 10-20 minutes getting to I-75 especially if you are going east or west the roads get clogged.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:25 PM

162 posts, read 229,711 times
I'm a political independant, definately not p/c so I'll tell you like it is--Sarasota is a great place, downtown plus beaches, but one of the things that makes it attractive is that it's highly segregated--the minority area revolves aroung Martin Luther King Blvd.--surprise, surprise--a relatively small area in which 60% of all Sarasota crime takes place. Avoid this area and you will do ok. Go down below Bee Ridge, and even better around Clark Rd. and you will feel safe. Siesta Key is 99 % white and oh so nice! Osprey, Nokomis, and Venice are also about as safe as it get considering all the criminal element invading Florida--white trash, black thugs, Mexican dopes. All that said, Sarasota is one fine place!!

Old 09-20-2008, 02:22 AM

544 posts, read 1,472,178 times
Myself, Id rather live on N Tamiami Trail than anywhere else in Sarasota.
For the reason its close to downtown + the area is more down to earth.
I find in most of Sarasota its snobby and more places where people have their noses up than not. If you move here, make sure your a loner type because people arent exactly as friendly as St Pete.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:59 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltinjohn View Post
Myself, Id rather live on N Tamiami Trail than anywhere else in Sarasota.
For the reason its close to downtown + the area is more down to earth.
I find in most of Sarasota its snobby and more places where people have their noses up than not. If you move here, make sure your a loner type because people arent exactly as friendly as St Pete.
Meltinjohn, despite what a lot of people on this forum say about that area, we love it, too. In fact, it has ALWAYS been my favorite are of Sarasota - it just has a "VIBE" I like. We bought our home just off the north Trail, and I wouldn't live anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area