Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 06:44 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,190,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalaspa View Post
I mean look at the nasty replies here.
You mean as opposed to your lovely, friendly posts about boomers. You started the thread what did you expect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 07:19 AM

17,536 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
You mean as opposed to your lovely, friendly posts about boomers. You started the thread what did you expect?
Thank you ^^. I was just about to post the same. Some of these posters need to realize they will get as good as they give.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:59 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
call momma, tell het to get your room ready

Old 01-18-2017, 11:24 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Thank you ^^. I was just about to post the same. Some of these posters need to realize they will get as good as they give.
That's the entire millennial problem: taking criticism. There's no trophy for being obnoxious.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Yeah Nancy Im not new to Sarasota. Ive been here just as long if not longer then some posters here. Rich or not Im looking to find a place that is not devoted to age segregation and the retirement world. Ive just never liked it. Other young people are not effected by it but I mean look at the nasty replies here. Retirement and clumping all these old people together to stew in it all is just not my style.

I think Philly is a good recommendation because it the age demographic there are organic. However I never been there before. Im still reserching new places and I feel better about things because Ive put my foot down and decided its my time to leave Florida. Im still unsure where to go.
Philly is very expensive, unless you want to live in a slum with a high crime rate. You're never gonna get something for nothing. If you do, let me know.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
From your other rambling posts it seems people your own age don't like you.
Learning a skill takes too long.... too hard.
The people that could hire you, (boomers) disgust you.
Probably not your fault is it?
No, they "discust" him. He might be more successful if he knew how to at least spell. Just a thought.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:22 AM

461 posts, read 554,922 times
Quote:
Saint Pete is getting a new skyline and its condominiums for older folks with all the bucks. I imagine the developers want to smash down the whole historic block with Jannus Live, to get rid of the music and tame down the wild late night drinking that area is so well known for. I believe Jannus and all those bars and restaurants on that block is on its way out in the next several years the developers want to put up more giant condos.

Its neat how younger people developed a scene there, even though Im not a fan of the stuff they like: ecigarette bars, overpriced beer bars, overpriced restaurants, tattoos, cigars, expensive drinking, theres hard drugs available, spray paint, graffiti, no thanks. Its not that cool. But Id check out a nudie bar or two if I had the money to burn.

You are right though it is pretentious in the cool parts of Saint Pete but it is what it is. Definately some cool people to meet there too but if you remove the block with Jannus Live, the social structure is not much different then Sarasota. Actually, overall isnt St Pete smaller then Sarasota?

I lived in St Pete when I first moved back to the area. Jan 2015 to July 2015. I attempted to come back when I moved from Hillsborough but I ended up with too many wackos on the northside. I found a few rentals in nice areas but the living situations were so not my cup of tea and one guy kept advertising over and over. I wantd to be in St Pete or at least see that first, which I was smart to do. I think I would have regretted it for sure if I came back to Manatee or Sarasota first. It was my final decision to return to this area and I lived in Sarasota since late June. But ya back to Pinellas.. I had to move to Largo pretty much because I felt pushed out of St Pete.

After those situations didn't work out well late December 2015, I ended up going to Largo and spending about 6 months. I was up by the prostitution corridor off Clearwater Largo Rd N. It was terrible. I couldn't believe my eyes as I felt it was a more unsafe neighborhood even than N Florida Ave in Tampa. Down the street from Scientology in Largo, avoid it. Very bad area. People who are confrontational so you have to get that way too. It in fact felt like how I'd imagine Philly to be. In some grimy part of town. Largo was older than St Pete, less hip for sure. More down and outers than where I lived in St Pete which was the northside near Gandy.. Gateway. That was really the only place I had any bit of availability for rentals though. I wanted to be around Tyrone Square mall or the 4th St N and 38th Ave N area. Those were my favorites I'd say but limited availability in them. The rentals went faster over by the Fresh Market there.

At the same time though when I was in St Pete, I learned that I didn't like how pretentious it got. Ya it was younger and appeared more hip, but I didn't do well in the singles scene there either once I learned that I had to spend lots of money at these beer bars nearly night after night, so after I saw it all , I got nothing out of this, let me try Hillsborough.. that didn't work. Back to Pinellas which landed me in Largo as my last spot there.. then Sarasota again one more time once I learned I didn't like the Largo area. I been here since late June now. I may spend one more year in FL or less.. a year or more IF by chance I get everything I want here though... then of course it will prolong the time I am here. If I am not satisfied in one year or less though, I will try to move back near my parents again and say Eff Florida. It was a nice attempted run but see ya now. So that would mean out of all the places I lived in FL, Sarasota is for sure destined to be the longest, work out or failure.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:24 AM

461 posts, read 554,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
Philly is very expensive, unless you want to live in a slum with a high crime rate. You're never gonna get something for nothing. If you do, let me know.
With this comment you're more than likely right. The reason I left Largo (Larghetto) was because of something I would perceive to be in a bigger more dangerous city like Philly. Or that area is the closest it gets anyhow I feel to that NJ/Philly type craphole living as well as Clearwater. I may have my complaints on Sarasota, but its not like that area.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:37 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,262,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Pittsburgh PA.
My son lives there and loves it. He even bought a couple house (to rent out) - paid from 40K to 60K. His house is a brick 2 story that was $115K (more now....but you get the idea).

Lots of young people - lots happening.
And lots of high property taxes offsetting the low purchase price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area