Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 04:54 AM

24 posts, read 32,716 times

Advertisements

Hi

Getting ready to order Internet only service from Comcast. Has anyone had issues with using the Seasonal Service option and turning it off after their stay for the winter. I would have it on the minimum 3 months and then plan to turn off service for an extended period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 06:39 AM

4,788 posts, read 10,602,776 times
We have had Comcast Seasonal, since 2005, for 7 winters at our Naples area house and now for the past 4 winter seasons at our Venice area house.

Our C is put on hold for 7+ months every year, so I haven't read the fine print about your situ of having it 'on' for only 3 months and on hold for 9 months...I have read that the min off is 90 days, but don't know/can't find minimum on.

The Seasonal Hold was bulletproof at our Naples house but it has been slightly glitchy in terms of billing at our more recent Venice house, eg they billed for use/like we still had all segments on, after the hold took effect, they billed higher than the stated cost, etc. This current summer/autumn season it finally was painless and had proper billing, about $10-$11 a month to have our cable, internet and phone on hold until we get back there in mid/late November.

We do it on line through their site, though the initial set up is probably worth a phone call to talk live and get the hold going.
Same for your return: we go online, ask to fire it up, but it has never been 'on' when we got there in Autumn, so a few phone calls later and our system being 'binged' by the agent over the line usually wakes the system up.
My 50Cts...
GL, mD

Last edited by motordavid; 10-16-2017 at 07:58 AM..

Old 10-17-2017, 07:25 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,428,918 times
Motordavid, thanks, I’m not the OP but we are also getting ready to get this set up for the first time. This is good info. Our neighborhood has Comcast basic included in our HOA but I know we need to add internet to this plus whatever else we think we need for TV. Do you know if you have to have a landline? We weren’t planning on it. Also sounds like a live conversation with a real person is needed to get this started. Any guesses how long it takes to really get going? Hope I’m not on my hotspot too long!

Old 10-18-2017, 05:24 AM

4,788 posts, read 10,602,776 times
^ Yes, to getting their ISP internet: it is quite fast and reliable, at least our local situ is.

Afik, one does not have to take their landline. We do simply because the cost is reasonable and I prefer it to talking on my cell.

We also have their basic as part of our community 'service'; you will probably want to add to that. How long is unknown as I suspect it varies from area to area. Ours was a new build in Dec '13 and we called Cc a couple weeks in advance before moving into that winter seasonal house. YMMV, but that phone call will be necessary to get in line.
GL, mD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: